Heritage Owners Club

I know these are nice bass amps, but holy schmoly!

Guest HRB853370

Guest HRB853370

Guess you gas free status just dropped a few more points, right Will?

Marie always says I can look at other women as much as I like, just don't touch (unless she says so).

Its the same way with gear DB. And you should know I am GAS FREE now.

DB! The sight of that beautiful old amp reminds me I 've got the long neglected chassis for a B-12x in my basement, sitting unrepaired since I got it as a basket case from eBay 5 years ago, it's in really bad shape, the power section bathtub resistors got so hot that the eyelet board is charred for 3-4 inches worth and all cracked! The reverb pan long ago had the springs ripped out of it, just an empty box on that part.

That amp is rare as hen's teeth, it uses the old school pre-12__7 tubes, 6sn7, 6sl7's, has 'verb and trem, with the 'verb going through it's own champ style 6v6 poweramp and separate output tranny to a small (two 5 inch speakers) satellite speaker box (yes, that is stock!). that is supposed to be put a distance away from the main cab, hence the name "echo" for that feature..

You reminded me that it needs for me to get off my butt and fix! I was long afraid to tackle that one, but i'm getting ready to recap and blueprint a '68 Super Reverb blackline, by then maybe I'll be ready to tackle the Ampeg, and the 6g15 rev/trem surf box kit about as long neglected that I got from Weber and been too intimidated to start.

DB! The sight of that beautiful old amp reminds me I 've got the long neglected chassis for a B-12x in my basement, sitting unrepaired since I got it as a basket case from eBay 5 years ago, it's in really bad shape, the power section bathtub resistors got so hot that the eyelet board is charred for 3-4 inches worth and all cracked! The reverb pan long ago had the springs ripped out of it, just an empty box on that part.

That amp is rare as hen's teeth, it uses the old school pre-12__7 tubes, 6sn7, 6sl7's, has 'verb and trem, with the 'verb going through it's own champ style 6v6 poweramp and separate output tranny to a small (two 5 inch speakers) satellite speaker box (yes, that is stock!). that is supposed to be put a distance away from the main cab, hence the name "echo" for that feature..

You reminded me that it needs for me to get off my butt and fix! I was long afraid to tackle that one, but i'm getting ready to recap and blueprint a '68 Super Reverb blackline, by then maybe I'll be ready to tackle the Ampeg, and the 6g15 rev/trem surf box kit about as long neglected that I got from Weber and been too intimidated to start.

Hope you get it fixed too! Love to see the before, during, and after pics as well as sound clips when you're finished.

Guest HRB853370

From an aesthetic standpoing, the Ampeg amps were just works of art, IMO. I wish I had played bass back in the day, I would have probably owned one of those fliptop amps!

woah...I bet a real one from the '60's is cheaper than that!

It is and definitely better. This is directed towards the collector and not the working bass player. I'd rather take a much cheaper amp and then spend the money on a good tap tuned Golden Eagle with a good floating pickup.

Archived