Heritage Owners Club

blackstar artisan 5/15 watt combo amp

sgseeley

I have an opportunity to pick up a Blackstar Artisan 5/15 watt combo amp for less than a grand.I've played through it twice & liked the clean tones. does anybody have one of these or know much about them. I'd appreciate any advice. thanks!

I've played through one of these several times both at volume and quietly. Anything between Vox and Marshall sounds are available, so fairly versatile. As you say, the clean is really nice with a lot of Voxy sparkle in there. Handwired gorgeousness in a nicely sized cab.

I'd recommend it without hesitation.

thanks for your input! I'm going to pick it up today. It's the floor model @ a local music store. I can't wait to hook up my 555 that I purchased from rjs1 the first wk. of october.it should be a good "marriage".

I had am Artisan 15, and loved it (ended up selling it to fund my JTM45 build). The ONLY complaint, is that it is seriously bass-shy. Obnoxiously so. If I ever happen to come across a good deal and buy one again I would buy an EQ pedal to go with it. That, I think, would solve the issue (either that or clipping the bright cap and swapping out one or two other caps so the circuit more closely follows the 1974x circuit).

I would highly recommend it, but be aware that it is not perfect.

Archived