Heritage Owners Club

Any Blackstar Owners?

BluesDabbler

I've had a Club 40 for about a year and really like. Crystal clean tones to modern hardcore distortion. I'm wondering if anyone else owns one, if they've done and mods, and what settings they like?

The Artisan range is very nice: handwired boards and a good range of Vox to Marshall sounds available. I've played the Artisan 15 plenty of times and would have one like a shot.

I've also played through the HT-5 combo which is a decent bedroom tube amp with a Fender- Marshall spread available via the ISF control. I've also played through the Series One 45 which is basically a bigger, more controllable HT-5. I liked the noise from both of these a lot. The HT and Series One amps are PCB and I've heard of some reliability issues - no more than any other manufacturer though...

I have the HT-1R. It's kinda' nice, but it is a little dark sounding. I don't use the overdrive switch as it's pretty high gainy. I just crank the gain knob up to 7 on the clean and it gets pretty crunchy. I believe the darkish tone may be due to the stock 8" speaker. I have a Weber lying around, if I get the time (and motivation) I might just throw it in. Seeing as I use my 50th anniversary 1 watt Marshall 800 series amp mostly, it may be a while before I remember 'bout the Weber swap.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest HRB853370
The Artisan range is very nice: handwired boards and a good range of Vox to Marshall sounds available. I've played the Artisan 15 plenty of times and would have one like a shot.

I've also played through the HT-5 combo which is a decent bedroom tube amp with a Fender- Marshall spread available via the ISF control. I've also played through the Series One 45 which is basically a bigger, more controllable HT-5. I liked the noise from both of these a lot. The HT and Series One amps are PCB and I've heard of some reliability issues - no more than any other manufacturer though...

I would love to own an Artisan, but they are pricey. Handwired Marshall type sound eh?

• 2 weeks later...

The Blackstar range is manufactured by ex Marshall people. The Artisan is a very nice amp. The Club 40 and 60 amps are wonderful amps, if you find a good one. From my experience they have quality issues here and there. I would check out as many as possible to be sure to find a good one.

Guest HRB853370
They're pricey i nthe States but very affordable here in Blighty....they cost about as much as a handwired Vox.

Kind of like Fenders are expensive in the UK right?

Archived