Heritage Owners Club

Boss DD-3 Settings

Guest HRB853370

Guest HRB853370

Getting the settings on this box can be disconcernting. Here is what I settled on. I would be curious about what settings others have found to be desireable. The numbers are equivalent to the "clock" hour hand.

E Level-3 F Back-11 D Time-2 Mode-S 50ms

Yep, here's a few ideas.... Keep the level around 11 o'clock, feedback (repeats) down to around 9 o'clock, and keep delay time around 12 o'clock.... Mode at long... Add some OD to it and you have yourself some Bonamassa lead tones....

Level is how much of the delay is heard

Feedback is the number of repeats

Delay time is just that how much delay between when you strike the note to when you hear it come back, the numbers are in mili seconds..

Have fun!

http://www.heritageownersclub.com/forums/topic/17430-dd3-on-the-way/page__hl__%2Bboss+%2Bdd3

Guest HRB853370

Thanks, I remember the OP so I will try your settings and see if I sound and play anything like Joe. I sure wish I had not missed his two hour show two weeks ago.

Also, I reversed the order I had my reverb box and my DD. I now have the reverb AFTER the delay.

Delay is one of those cool effects that can totally shape a sound. Just taking a basic repeat and bumping the depth can shift it from a nice subtle effect to a totally spaced sound. I tend to have 3 delay settings that I use most often, the U2 type dotted eight note delay (over used but still necessary for some music at church), a straight-up delay like Detroit described which is great for blues and rock (you can tweak the time to tempo of your song if you're feeling ambitious) and then a slapback delay which can almost be reverbish in nature; use a very short time and very little feedback. If I just want to fatten up the sound I may keep the feedback lower, if I really want to push the effect I'll use more feedback and more depth. When matching tempo I lean towards 1/4 or 1/8th notes unless I want the effect to be more of the focus.

Keep the repeats to one, the speed below 200ms, and level to just about reverb like. Just my guess.

I agree! Level should be subtle. Not overly pronounced. I typically use reverb or slapback, but at times will put them together to fatten it up.

Archived