Heritage Owners Club

The Fender Amp Book: The first fifty years

Guest HRB853370

Guest HRB853370
Does it have schematics, layouts, cab dimensions, etc, or is it more of a 'coffee table' book?

No schematics Howard, more like a coffee table encylopedia of Fender amps with plenty of great photos. It has a basic ampology section, and a parts listing, but thats about it in addition to coverage of every model made in the first fifty years. Its about 250 pages!

Does it have schematics, layouts, cab dimensions, etc, or is it more of a 'coffee table' book?

the one I posted has some schematics, I said some.

It is very poorly written however by a guy that you always feel has an approximate understanding of why the things work the way they are.

I have a background in engineering, however, and the writer is a full time guitar player so we come from opposite directions.

Guest HRB853370
I have the Kendrick one, but the one I like much better is The Soul of Tone, by Tom Wheeler. Here it is...

http://www.amazon.com/Soul-Tone-Celebrating-Years-Fender/dp/0634056131/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1358614685&sr=1-1&keywords=the+soul+of+tone

I have the Wheeler book on Fender guitars, so this one will be next for my library. I like Wheeler's style of writing. But the book I bought on Fender amps is really good. The photos are just amazing!!

Archived