Heritage Owners Club

Henricksen 110 ER vs Heritage KB

JazzOnJazzOff

Hey Everyone,

New to the club but I currently play through a Fender Deluxe Reverb but I'm thinking of trying out the new Henricksen Amps ( they seem to be amazing according to a few very reliable friends/players) has anybody played their archtop through one and has some info? I have a beautiful Super Eagle Chestnut Sunburst similar to the KB but with the 18'' body I seem to have some real feedback with the standard jazz tube style amps especially in a combo/gig environment....anybody else played having this problem? Open to suggestions....

Cheers Vince C

Hey Everyone,

I seem to have some real feedback with the standard jazz tube style amps especially in a combo/gig environment....anybody else played having this problem? Open to suggestions....

Cheers Vince C

Go to a craft shop. Get a small bolt (four or five feet) of black felt fabric. Cut it into pieces, maybe one foot by two feet, or so, and stuff the pieces into the F-holes.

The Henriksen MAY be easier to dial out feedback because it has a multi band EG instead of

typical tone controls. I've personally not had feedback issues with mine.

You have better luck than I do. My feedback centers at low A to D, depending on the guitar. That range can be adjusted by bass and mid pots just as well as an equalizer.

stuffing the F holes is going to help more. SS v. tube seems not to be the main factor. In fact, I had some feedback issues last night at the gig with my solid spruce top 575 MH running through an Acoustic Image Clarus head.

keeping your body between the guitar body and your amp works well for me to control it. almost never any feedback with that simple fix.

• 10 months later...

Changing position seems to be the most effective thing for me. I have tried notch filters etc but being aware of where the guitar is relative to the amp is easier.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived