Heritage Owners Club

Fender Amps

I'd like to start learning about the differences between all the fender amps, i.e. difference between a 5E3 circuit vs 5F10 circuits, tweeds vs black face and on and on, etc. Can anyone recommend a pretty good book on the topic, please?

Thanks, S'dog, I know you know your Fender amps.

Isn't it funny that this book is by Keith Richards, and the forward is also by Keith Richards.

Guest HRB853370

There is a better book Katy. The History of Fender Amps. Got it on Amazon for like 10 bucks used. Color photos galore. Good luck.

(pssst- I have four Fender tube amps and one clone-my KBP)

The Soul of Tone is currently the best Fender amp book out there. There's a CD with it that has sound samples of the amps through various guitars.

Guest HRB853370

The Soul of Tone is currently the best Fender amp book out there. There's a CD with it that has sound samples of the amps through various guitars.

Then I guess we will disagree. Have you read them all? I have three books on Fender amps including the Soul of Tone. The authors of the book I recommended are among the most highly acclaimed collectors of Fender amps. I think that might make a difference!

How did this thread get into the Family Tree?

Then I guess we will disagree. Have you read them all? I have three books on Fender amps including the Soul of Tone. The authors of the book I recommended are among the most highly acclaimed collectors of Fender amps. I think that might make a difference!

How did this thread get into the Family Tree?

Because I put it here. Oops, I did it again! (sing like Brittany). I'll write to the admin and ask him to move it. Thanks for point it out.

Thanks, S'dog, I know you know your Fender amps.

Isn't it funny that this book is by Keith Richards, and the forward is also by Keith Richards.

I bought this book for my best friend and I read it before I gave it to him ;) It's a GREAT book! I highly recommend it!

Guest HRB853370

I bought this book for my best friend and I read it before I gave it to him ;) It's a GREAT book! I highly recommend it!

If you like that one Matt, try "The First Fifty Years", its fantastic!!

Ampwares.com ,part of the Mojo Musical Supply has got some good information online as well.

another good website, thanks!

. . . Isn't it funny that this book is by Keith Richards, and the forward is also by Keith Richards.

The book is actually written by Tom Wheeler, who used to edit Guitar Player, but the forward is by Keith Richards.

The book is actually written by Tom Wheeler, who used to edit Guitar Player, but the forward is by Keith Richards.

"

"The Soul of Tone: Celebrating 60 Years of Fender Amps (Book & CD) by Keith RICHARDS and Keith Richards (Oct 15, 2007)"

A direct quote from the Amazon Page. I guess they got it wrong, then.

. . . . but it must be right, because, you know, I got it off the INTERNET!

"

"The Soul of Tone: Celebrating 60 Years of Fender Amps (Book & CD) by Keith RICHARDS and Keith Richards (Oct 15, 2007)"

A direct quote from the Amazon Page. I guess they got it wrong, then.

. . . . but it must be right, because, you know, I got it off the INTERNET!

Good point! Maybe Amazon thinks they'll sell more books by emphasizing celebrity rocker Richards' name--twice!

Keef has led a miraculous life (so far), but I don't think if he were messing about in the innards of tube amps whilst "on the nod" he'd still be with us!

Archived