Heritage Owners Club

Egnater amps

Joe

Bruce Egnater is from Royal Oak, MI. He came out with a complete line of M. i. C. amps 3 or 4 years ago (if memory serves me...) He has made in America amps out there that earned a good following.

Guest HRB853370

I've heard he intentionally leaves the origin of the amp off so no one knows they are made in China....

Is that legal? Doesn't matter, he designed the amps and had them produced affordably overseas, just like Blackstar does, and some Vox and Marshalls are too.

Some Egnaters are made in China and a new series he is releasing are made in USA. I think the new series is called Detroit. I think theres a 5w version

Everything Egnater is clearly labeled where it is made. The Rebel, Renegade, Tourmaster, Armageddon, Vengence and Tweakers are made in China.

They sound great and are really versatile. Ive had the Tourmaster for 2yrs or so with no problems other than I cant lift it. Its the heaviest head Ive ever. Even the Mesa Roadking isnt that heavy and its really heavy.

The next question is which amps are made in America? I'm pretty sure Peavey is and I think 65 is also.

Lil' Dawg are made in the USA. Suhr amps. Not 100% sure, but I think Carr amps and Victoria amps are USA.

:D like that, Slate. Bangers 'n' Mash, of course, would be a British voiced amp.

With the current horsemeat furore going on over here, it's more likely to be French-voiced.

Pardonnez-moi, mes amis Francaises ;)

Archived