Heritage Owners Club

this looks like a cool project..Real McTube pedal

bolero

My favorite pedal is the Soldano GTO that uses two 12AX7s at full voltage to get that clipped sound. This sounds very similar, and has the schematics.

Do you have any idea of the component costs? It sounds like fun.

Nice find Bolero!

it seems pretty inexpensive, he recommends using wall warts & pulling them apart for the transformers ( which I've done before to build a Leslie on/off/fast/slow footswitch complete with indicator lights ) and they are cheap...you can buy a bag of assorted ones $5 at your local value village!!

plus I have a bunch of old tube radio chassis I've picked up on garbage day/garage sales so all the other stuff like tube sockets etc I could scavenge

I already have 2 pedals that are similar, but neither use high voltage AFAIK

a MKI H&K Tubeman, which I really like:

mk1_back.jpg

all.jpg

and a Garnet "Guillotine" which uses 2 tubes & was handwired by Gar himself before he passed away:

doug-Guillotine.gif

Never heard of the Guillotine. It sounds French. I recall reading about the Tubeman when it came out. I'm pretty sure it does power the 12AX7 at 12v. That alone was enough for me to pull the plug, as it were. The only availability for me was via the internet. If you like it, I wish I had tried it. Then again, it's never too late to go back.

I'm REAL curious about the project pedal. Are you going to try one?

I think so, but it will be a long term project as I find time to work on it...I need to learn a bunch of songs first lol, in fact I should stay the hell off this forum for a while :D

t0 that's cool too never heard of the SD pedal!! thanks!

there was athread here about that GTO I remember it well...sounds killer!

Archived