Heritage Owners Club

Kuz you traded your prized Carr Rambler for WHAT?

Kuz

Yes, I was scared and skeptical.... but I traded my Carr Rambler toward a ...... 1967 ?????? :dontknow:

Pics to come soon!!!

I know, I am tease!!! :diablo_mini:

For the best sounding combo amp I have ever played!!!!

Let's just say it is an American Blackface Legend!!!!

Pics tomorrow, I promise.

Not their best song. But...bet you can't find a better Rambler song. Dude was a early-mid 80's Chicago punk icon. Big Black, Rapeman, and Shellac. Big time producer of many things most notably Nirvana's In Utero. I love his stuff and he's completely old school. Tube amp through tube pre to reel to reel type producer. He plays Travis Bean guitars. Know them? They're aluminum neck throughs produced in the 70's. Kramer did some and Electrical Guitar Company does them now. I go G&L and Heritage but Bean or EGC are next up. Gorgeous axes and totally unique sound. Check out EGC, the owner is a super cool guy. Uli John Roth from UFO had his Travis Bean on eBay last year for $40k. Stupid but you get the idea. Way underrated just like Heritage.

1967 Blackface Deluxe Reverb! Born on April 1967, same as my wife, but don't tell her I told you. This amp is a PERFECT match for my 1967 Blackface Vibrolux Reverb. As great as the Rambler was, there really is no comparison. I had two choices in vintage correct speakers from the seller. I called my buddy, Mike(Slider 13) and former HOC member. He recommended the JBL K120, and MY OH MY... Tone is straight Larry Carlton or Robben Ford with an overdrive pedal. I never went with an Alnico speaker in a Blackface Fender before, only tweeds.

I could not be happier and pics will be posted tonight with a funny story!!!

Awesome. Your excitement is palpable all the way here in San Diego. What a great score!

I love my Rambler, especially now that I put in a CRex speaker, but now you've got me wondering....

Kuz, mine is a 1964, from the first run of production (with transitional parts from the brownface era), and my buddy Troy's (who brought mine to life) is a 1966.

I love to get together with him and turn both of our amps up with Les Pauls (or H150's) in hand! They both sound great. We both use the Weber Alnico 12A150

in ours and after much experimentation on our own, we both came to the conclusion we loved that speaker. I've also heard the JBL in them and loved what that

brought to them too. Congrats on scoring what I think is the best amp ever made, PERIOD!!! After they get over 6 on the volume, they speak in tounges:)

I imagine it's very similar to the KBP810 '65 DR clone I have. It has 1960 vintage Alnico frankenspeaker that delivers some of the sweetest fender chime you'd ever want to hear.

Congrats on the trade.

That Carr was the one you had at PSP last August, wasn't it.

I imagine it's very similar to the KBP810 '65 DR clone I have. It has 1960 vintage Alnico frankenspeaker that delivers some of the sweetest fender chime you'd ever want to hear.

Congrats on the trade.

That Carr was the one you had at PSP last August, wasn't it.

I brought my Rambler a couple of years before last, not last year. I had the Shiva and the Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse (Super Reverb) to the party last year.

Archived