Heritage Owners Club

Shipping an amp=PIA!

Guest HRB853370

Guest HRB853370

Never again will I ship an amp, too freakin stressful. First, I could not find a box! No guitar center within 150 miles had a box they could part with! Or any other music store for that matter. Fortunately, I had a huge box from a set of Pearl Congas that I carried with me from Georgia when I moved (premonition?) and although it was way oversized, it ended up working.

First, I wrapped the Vibroverb 2x10 with bubble wrap. Then, we bought a used quilt at Goodwill, and wrapped that sucker in the quilt, dropped it in the monster box and secured the what space was left around it with more bubble wrap and packing material. At 60 lbs, this is not going to be cheap to ship to New Jersey. But, the seller paid the shipping of $65 so I am covered.

Never again!

Guest HRB853370

LIKE THE GECKO SAID, "SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP ME, I'VE GOT A FLAT TYRE.."

Thats funny DB, first I have seen that one! Yeah, waa waa waa. But with a $300 profit on the sale, not too many tears.

I have a basement room full of boxes I've received amps and guitars in, just so I have the right box when it comes time to get rid of an item (which I know that time will come). I'm guessing $65 is not going to cover the cost though, hope it will.

Guest HRB853370

I have a basement room full of boxes I've received amps and guitars in, just so I have the right box when it comes time to get rid of an item (which I know that time will come). I'm guessing $65 is not going to cover the cost though, hope it will.

I used to have lots of boxes, but had to toss a bunch when we moved (downsized). So my options went away. I shipped it for $51 plus the $6 quilt I had to buy, so I made the cut!!

you can buy a full sheet of cardboard and cut it so that you have a perfect size box. I do that all the time..

Yep, or take a big box, cut in half, and then put the halves together for one smaller but sturdier box - either way, shipping amps is no fun.

I used to have lots of boxes, but had to toss a bunch when we moved (downsized). So my options went away. I shipped it for $51 plus the $6 quilt I had to buy, so I made the cut!!

Good job Slammer, looks like you done good!!!!

combo amps are definitely a PITA to ship. Heads and cabinets are much easier to deal with. It's often easier to just keep a few cabinets, and swap out heads.

I remember how much some of the amps weighed at the past two PSPs, and I can't imagine how they were ever shipped.

you can buy a full sheet of cardboard and cut it so that you have a perfect size box. I do that all the time..

Thats a cool idea..i'll keep that in mind!!

2hrs!!!!!!

:) :) :)

Packing instructions:

Notify freight company for pick up.

Boil kettle.

Start packing amp

Pour boiling water into cup with teabag.

Continue amp pack

Fill out paper work for amp pick up delivery

Add milk

Sip..... perfect temperature, maybe a little on hot side.

Also make sure you answer every phone call during this time frame and serve all customers who walk through the door.

Warning:

During an amp packing exercise dont:

Dont engage in a vintage correct discussion.

Dont engage in any discussion involving the "Hank Marvin" or "David Gilmour" sound.

Dont discuss the history of Heritage Guitars. (Full of tangents and side tracks)

Avoid anyone who wants to know the value of their 1963 (12 string fiberglass hollow body made in Holland) "Super Sound Rocket"

(Just the story on how they got it is going to kill one hour. Letting them down gently on value and remaining friends will take another hour.)

Archived