Heritage Owners Club

Fender Bassman and Dual Showman

Guest HRB853370

Guest HRB853370

The place where we practice in Greenville is a used gear music store. The guy has a 1967 BF Dual Showman head with cabinet, for $1500 and a 1968 SF Bassman head with cabinet for $900. I have no idea if these prices are even in the ballpark. The Bassman is in excellent shape. Actually they both are.

Are these heads roughly the same wattage?

The '67 Dual Showman should be about 100w. Think Twin in a head version. No clue on the Bassman. Altho' I just played thru a 60's Bassman head at a jam yesterday and it was heavenly. My brother had a '74 Dual Showman Reverb and that badboy was pretty darned sweet, too.

The prices are appropriate for vintage gear. Tulk1 is correct about the Dual Showman being the head version of the Twin. The Bassman was a 50 watt amp and the Super Bassman its 100 watt counter part. The Fender Bassman Amp helped define the Motown sound as it was the amp that James Jamerson, the Funk Brothers bass player used.

Guest HRB853370

The prices are appropriate for vintage gear. Tulk1 is correct about the Dual Showman being the head version of the Twin. The Bassman was a 50 watt amp and the Super Bassman its 100 watt counter part. The Fender Bassman Amp helped define the Motown sound as it was the amp that James Jamerson, the Funk Brothers bass player used.

I should make him on offer for both!!!

Guest HRB853370

They are very heavy to lug around. I hope you got a strong back.

That and a weak mind.....

I currently have the modern day version of both those amps on order. Nowadays Fender calls it the Super Sonic 100 and it contains the complete pre-amps of both the Showman AND the Bassman which are switchable as channel 1 as well a high gain channel 2. All three voices share the famous Fender 6L6 power-amp stage. For some reason Fender has fallen behind on production of this amp so I've already been waiting 6-8 weeks with no end in sight unfortunately. Having both legendary amps in one cab is going to be I feel truly awesome.

Will, my current amp of choice is a '67 (blackface) Bassman, with a 1x12 cab. It does everything...well!

Thats what I played thru Sunday. Oh my!! Just turn it up and have at it. :thumbsup:

I have a Blackface 67 Bassman with original 2x12l cab..Sounds Awesome !! 50 extremely Loud watts.. :icon_sunny:

Will, my current amp of choice is a '67 (blackface) Bassman, with a 1x12 cab. It does everything...well!

I would loves me some of that tone Rob, and they are fairly reasonably priced for what you get!!!!!

Guest HRB853370

I currently have the modern day version of both those amps on order. Nowadays Fender calls it the Super Sonic 100 and it contains the complete pre-amps of both the Showman AND the Bassman which are switchable as channel 1 as well a high gain channel 2. All three voices share the famous Fender 6L6 power-amp stage. For some reason Fender has fallen behind on production of this amp so I've already been waiting 6-8 weeks with no end in sight unfortunately. Having both legendary amps in one cab is going to be I feel truly awesome.

Detroit Blues has a Supersonic doesn't he?

Would love to own both, but my preference is with the Bassman. Rory G. played through a Bassman and had a monster sound.

Archived