Heritage Owners Club

Carr Amp Prices

Just for giggles I took the on-line tour of Carr Amps.. Seems like a very professional, high quality shop. .I've heard many members sing their praises..I've secretly wanted to get a Rambler for a long time, So I started looking around.. Well I guess I'll be playing my old gibby for a long time yet!! LOL.. :icon_sunny:

The smart money buys them used. They're built like tanks so used just means the speaker is broken in. I've been pondering parting with my Rambler (with tone enhancing Blonde Tolex) in favor of more tweed. If I decide to take the plunge I'll drop you a line.

+1...

One thing about Carr amps, they are made out of great iron and nice, nice parts, the type of build is repair as well as mod friendly, factory upgradable, and unlike Chinese factories' dime-a-dozen rubber stamp store bought tonefakers, Carr amps HOLD MARKET VALUE. This is exactly the type of amplifier quality that a Heritage guitar deserves to play through. Smurph, a Carr amp couldn't happen to a nicer guy!

Anyone here know who...

Steve Sligo is?

Mike Marsh is?

hehehe...

Boutique amps for boutique guitars!

Boutique guitars for boutique amps!

+1...

One thing about Carr amps, they are made out of great iron and nice, nice parts, the type of build is repair as well as mod friendly, factory upgradable, and unlike Chinese factories' dime-a-dozen rubber stamp store bought tonefakers, Carr amps HOLD MARKET VALUE. This is exactly the type of amplifier quality that a Heritage guitar deserves to play through. Smurph, a Carr amp couldn't happen to a nicer guy!

Anyone here know who...

Steve Sligo is?

Mike Marsh is?

hehehe...

I do, and I bought a Carr, used!

Love it.

Boutique amps for boutique guitars!

Boutique guitars for boutique amps!

Great, Great, Great amps.... period.

Everyone wants to categorize them (Rambler=Deluxe Reverb, Sportsman=Ac15, ect) but really they have their wonderful tones.

The smart money buys them used. They're built like tanks so used just means the speaker is broken in. I've been pondering parting with my Rambler (with tone enhancing Blonde Tolex) in favor of more tweed. If I decide to take the plunge I'll drop you a line.

Cool Thanks..i'll start saving up..food is over-rated.. :icon_smile:

I bought a like-new Carr Mercury a few years ago. It very well built, and I like the power switching feature (1/10, 1/2, 2, & 8 watts).

I have a Slant6V that is 13 years old this year and has been in and out of the back of a pickup truck many many times, tipped over, driven down dirt roads, played for long periods at high volume gig after gig and has never broken down and always sounds great. If you can afford a Carr do it, their built like and laid Mercedes.

Here is mine

EF5A7A97-DC75-4FE0-8329-A407D0A2050A-509

Archived