Heritage Owners Club

Princeton Fever?

smurph1

I, like Katy am starting to really like the tones produced by Fender Princeton amps.. I'm kind of rolling around the idea of selling my KBP 810 AC-30 clone, so I can get a Princeton.. Don't know for sure yet, but it's something I'm interested in...

Nah, she'd take that AC-30 long before taking up a Princeton...

LOL.. Probably True!!

Not true! Just listen to the tones in this Princeton Clone - I love these well-rounded tones:

the great thing about VSA amps is you can order up whatever size speaker you want in it. Someday, when I climb out of this financial hole, I'd like to get me a VSA Princeton clone with a 12" speaker.

only if it came with a slave to carry it for me! :D (but then, I'd still need a Princeton).

Keep the KBP and still get a Princeton. Love mine. Installed a 12 speaker and it is my favorite amp ever (so far) other than the Twin Reverb that i sold due to size and weight.

interesting

" The amp is a Princeton Reverb Clone, but with 12" Weber California Ceramic speaker and with a large spring tank (like in a deluxe), which both make it better sounding than a PRRI in my humble opiNon."

interesting

" The amp is a Princeton Reverb Clone, but with 12" Weber California Ceramic speaker and with a large spring tank (like in a deluxe), which both make it better sounding than a PRRI in my humble opiNon."

I've heard very good things about these amps.

Keep the KBP and still get a Princeton. Love mine. Installed a 12 speaker and it is my favorite amp ever (so far) other than the Twin Reverb that i sold due to size and weight.

+1

Guest HRB853370

I, like Katy am starting to really like the tones produced by Fender Princeton amps.. I'm kind of rolling around the idea of selling my KBP 810 AC-30 clone, so I can get a Princeton.. Don't know for sure yet, but it's something I'm interested in...

A vintage one or a reissue?

my princeton clone has a 12" speaker and it sounds fab, as pressure might say.

A vintage one or a reissue?

Probably a Re-issue.. my money tree is still a sapling..LOL

Brian just built me a KBP810 Princeton Clone based on the VSA VS112-JZ-15. It's got treble, mid, bass and presence and dwell for the reverb. I'm going to put it in a cab with a Weber 12F150 this summer.

Good call. That's probably how I would go. I live my KBP810 5E3 clone.

Or see if you can score one of the '80's Fender Princeton Reverb II's. They are like a factory hot rodded PR, with 12" speaker and 20 watts!

If you buy right, you'll never lose money when/if you decide to sell down the road.

vdrewsprii.jpg

Or see if you can score one of the '80's Fender Princeton Reverb II's. They are like a factory hot rodded PR, with 12" speaker and 20 watts!

If you buy right, you'll never lose money when/if you decide to sell down the road.

vdrewsprii.jpg

Are these from the Rivera era?

Archived