Heritage Owners Club

here's something you don't see every day

bolero

a 575 with P90's

white.jpg

not a fan of the creme covers, I fitted some black ones on instead...

black.jpg

I think I'll remove that armrest as well, I like the cleaner lines of the classic bodystyle

but it sounds great...I've been on the lookout for one, for a while...they don't come around here often

Cool guitar, congrats.

Interesting solution to the problem of mounting soap bars in a hollowbody. What catches the screws through the pickups? Never seen exactly that setup before, but, if it allows the pickups to be adjustable, that would be neat.

yes, the pickup rings are stained maple, which is cool

the guy I bought it from put the P90's in, it is routed for humbuckers...what he did is hide-glued a strip of wood along inside of the top, covering the pup routes. I guess it's about 1/4" inch thick. the P90 screws go directly into that, so yes they are height adjustable

the good thing about hide glue ( I researched it a bit ) is it's water soluble, even after 100 years....so if I ever want to flip this 575 back to humbuckers I can remove that strip, and reinstall them

I think I'll leave it setup for P90's though

I like the black covers...it's more subdued and doesn't distract from the subtle woodgrain & black accents on the body. those creme rings just SCREAMED at my eyeballs, I hardly even noticed the rest of the guitar :D

yes, the pickup rings are stained maple, which is cool

the guy I bought it from put the P90's in, it is routed for humbuckers...what he did is hide-glued a strip of wood along inside of the top, covering the pup routes. I guess it's about 1/4" inch thick. the P90 screws go directly into that, so yes they are height adjustable

the good thing about hide glue ( I researched it a bit ) is it's water soluble, even after 100 years....so if I ever want to flip this 575 back to humbuckers I can remove that strip, and reinstall them

I think I'll leave it setup for P90's though

I like the black covers...it's more subdued and doesn't distract from the subtle woodgrain & black accents on the body. those creme rings just SCREAMED at my eyeballs, I hardly even noticed the rest of the guitar :D

+100 on keeping the P-90s, but its cool that you could change back to humbuckers..

Archived