Heritage Owners Club

Is there an amp Highlander?

Guest HRB853370

Guest HRB853370

Anybody (besides Heritagefan7) get by with just one amp? Is it even possible? Or does AAS take over just like GAS in the quest for more and different tones?

I could get by with just this:

gs100r_05.jpg

it has 2 channels, each with their own volume control that cascade into one another...and a master volume

so for big cleans you plug into one of them & turn the master volume up...

for dirty sounds you can adjust & tweak the two to get a blend

plus it has reverb.....and not just ANY reverb...but reverb "built by beautiful women under controlled atmospheric conditions." :D

and it was built way back in the '70's!! naturally, it's a tube amp

Your getting your GA40 RVT after all?

nope. Serendipity (we will call him that for now) brought an amp to me unexpectedly and I have been in love for a couple of weeks. I will eventually put up a thread but I am waiting on more time with it and get the transaction completed.

When I put up that thread, I'll elaborate. :D

For now, I'll just say every note by itself or in a chord just drips from the speaker. Tone so good. ... it has to fattening.

Guest HRB853370

nope. Serendipity (we will call him that for now) brought an amp to me unexpectedly and I have been in love for a couple of weeks. I will eventually put up a thread but I am waiting on more time with it and get the transaction completed.

When I put up that thread, I'll elaborate. :D

For now, I'll just say every note by itself or in a chord just drips from the speaker. Tone so good. ... it has to fattening.

Serendipity eh! That is a great nudist resort in N. Georgia btw. Not that I would know from experience. Can't wait to hear more.

Serendipity eh! That is a great nudist resort in N. Georgia btw. Not that I would know from experience. Can't wait to hear more.

it's one of those amps that is maybe a bit unconventional for the genre but also is no surprise that it does what does.

I have two amps (a Metro JTM45 build and a 1971 Princeton no-verb)...but I could live my entire life with nothing but the JTM if need be. It sounds like 'me' if that makes any sense. Such a great amp.

I could get by with one no problem. Did for ages and am again.

But when I first saw this thread "JTM45" automatically popped into my mind.

The one amp I sold and wondered why I was as I was counting the money. Didnt seem like a fair exchange. Bits of paper for something like that. Nuts.

For me it's a toss up between my Heritage Patriot and Mesa Boogie Mk IV.

The Patriot is just one of the finest amps I've ever played through! Soft or screaming, it sounds amazing.

The Mk IV just does so many things well, from uber clean to monster overdrive, all from an amp the size of a Princeton. It's a Swiss Army knife amp...a very heavy knife.

I have 4 amps. But really only use 1 for playing. The others are either at rehearsal or at home. One is covered and never sees the light. But, yeah, I could do with one amp. Did for many many years.

Whats with the "highlander" thing?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_NEF0_ZJUk

" Highlander is a 1986 fantasy action film directed by Russell Mulcahy and based on a story by Gregory Widen. It stars Christopher Lambert, Sean Connery, Clancy Brown, and Roxanne Hart. The film depicts the climax of an ages-old battle between immortal warriors, depicted through elaborately-interwoven past and present day storylines. Despite having enjoyed little success in its initial U.S. release, the cult film launched Lambert to stardom and inspired a franchise that included film sequels, television spin-offs, and an upcoming remake. The film's tagline, "There can be only one," has carried on throughout the said franchise, as have the songs provided for the film by Queen."

:icon_thumleft:

I have 3 amps and enjoy all 3 but could easily get by with only my Rivera Hundred Duo 12. It is heavy but I only have to move it a handful of times each year and have a hand cart for that. It can cover a wide range of tones as is. The only pedal I use on occasion is a tremelo pedal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_NEF0_ZJUk

" Highlander is a 1986 fantasy action film directed by Russell Mulcahy and based on a story by Gregory Widen. It stars Christopher Lambert, Sean Connery, Clancy Brown, and Roxanne Hart. The film depicts the climax of an ages-old battle between immortal warriors, depicted through elaborately-interwoven past and present day storylines. Despite having enjoyed little success in its initial U.S. release, the cult film launched Lambert to stardom and inspired a franchise that included film sequels, television spin-offs, and an upcoming remake. The film's tagline, "There can be only one," has carried on throughout the said franchise, as have the songs provided for the film by Queen."

:icon_thumleft:

DB started it.

Ah, thus there can be only one!! Got it. A bit slow today.

There can be only three......

I would like to think one amp would be enough, but I play around with a diverse set of musical genres. The Carr Rambler takes care of the Blackface thing and serves as a superb clean platform for pedals, the Victoria Ivy League scratches the Tweed itch, and the ThroBak Classic Combo takes care of the Marshall thing. They all have their own unique voice and inspire me in their own unique way.

If I had to lean the choices down, I'm sure I could get by with one amp. My Rambler and a few pedals will cover a lot of bases. I could get by with a Victoria Regal II as well. Maybe I should find one at a good price to test that theory.........

One amp? One guitar?

Where's the fun in that?

For me, the fun is in the time once spent over what power cord best enhances the tone of a stubby pick being rather spent on mastering movement through chords or spending months on a single tune dissecting it for total understanding. Last night, I must have spent 45 minutes going back and forth from a D-7 drop 3 third inversion to an A7 drop 3 first inversion to get the transitional sound between those two chords where I want it. Granted, I traded fussing over gear for fussing over playing but I am getting more fulfillment out of that. Just my path is all. Everyone has to find their own.

For me, the fun is in the time once spent over what power cord best enhances the tone of a stubby pick being rather spent on mastering movement through chords or spending months on a single tune dissecting it for total understanding. Last night, I must have spent 45 minutes going back and forth from a D-7 drop 3 third inversion to an A7 drop 3 first inversion to get the transitional sound between those two chords where I want it. Granted, I traded fussing over gear for fussing over playing but I am getting more fulfillment out of that. Just my path is all. Everyone has to find their own.

Now try that left handed. Those lefty picks are a ***** to find.

Archived