Heritage Owners Club

Vox AC4TV fans?

kidsmoke

i know lots of folks swear by these amps. I'm doing a bit of market research for a guitar buddy who just doesn't do the internet thing as far as gear goes.

He's got one of these. Great little amp/ Gets wonderful sounds from it. The speaker is farting out on him. What is the prevailing wisdom on a high quality replacement for these?

I want to hook him up, buy it, and just drop it in there for him. Save him the aggravation and cost of taking it to a local (VERY EXPENSIVE) tech.

thanks in advance, lads n lasses

It's a 10" i know everybody's got a solid 10 for sale, but I'm wondering if, like with the blues Jr, many here have experience with swaps.

I've got a Weber Sig 10AS 8 ohm in my Champlifier, and I absolutely love it. could grab one of those but thought I'd see what others have tried.

well, the beauty of this is it's a great grab n go combo. Add a cab and now you're working. who wants that? unless I'm misunderstanding you....

Plus this guy also has a '74 Deluxe Reverb...he's got big tone when necessary.

Just wants to get this working properly again.

I'd be curious about the results of this thread myself, as I, too, have an AC4TV, and have been thinking about selling it, as I'm finding it a bit bright for my tastes. However, it DOES marry very well with an H 535, but I'm using predominantly single coils now.

Quick and simple till you find something better...

http://wgs4.com/content/vet10

The 10” Veteran™ speaker from WGS™ has great crunchy cone breakup and clean, warm overtones. The seamed paper cone is key to this guitar speaker's sound.

Unit Weight: 3 pounds

• One piece paper cone & edge
  • Seamed Cone
  • Power handling = 20 watts RMS
  • Stamped basket
  • Solid dust cap

You'd need the 16 Ohm

Price: $41.00

I used to have a AC4. I sold it. The back panel is secured with screws and glue. It's hard to get it open. It should be easy enough to replace the speaker once you get the cabinet open. I've used Jensen Mod speakers with success. They are inexpensive and sound great. But for the few extra $$, I'd go with a Weber or a Warehouse.

just dropped a couple of 10" WGS Veteran speakers in my Vintage Sound 22 watt Fender Clone.. They are the best so far.. Love it. I have tried Weber High Power series -Chicago speakers, Eminence ragin cajun and copper head, and Tone Tubby ceramic and alnico combo.. All good speakers I just like the WGS sound. Punchy articulate clear..

And at $41.00 you can really go wrong..

Which is why I suggested a 1 x 12 cab. It's probably possible to pickup up a used one with speaker for the price of a new speaker for the amp.

There was a 2x12 cab for sale $100 at the Canton GG. It was made to look like a Fender cab.. That would be perfect, I'd think.

Which is why I suggested a 1 x 12 cab. It's probably possible to pickup up a used one with speaker for the price of a new speaker for the amp.

I understand where you're coming from here, SPG, and that may work. Although dude doesn't mind paying for a new speaker. Just wondering if anyone has experience with a certain model in this amp.

Guess I'm reinforcing your statement.. :)

Why screw with destiny? Put a Celestion blue in there and smile from then on... :):downtown:

Archived