Heritage Owners Club

I'll play. Traynor YCV20WR

kidsmoke

.... you made guitar of the month. Very cool !!!

That's one thing that would be great on the HOC. It's not as if there's a shortage of members with photos of their guitars :)

i agree. I think it would be a blast, and I wouldn't change a thing from how they do it over there. Of course...someone would have to be willing to be the mod and referee....ahem...someone...

i agree. I think it would be a blast, and I wouldn't change a thing from how they do it over there. Of course...someone would have to be willing to be the mod and referee....ahem...someone...

I thought that was voted on by the members ? The HOC doesn't have a front page to display the monthly winner. Maybe a sticky thread ? But that would mean 12 stickies / year which would take up a lot of space. It might need a separate sub forum ? Just thinking out loud.

It's all voted on by members, but someone administers the whole shebang...

someone has to:

• Start a nominate thread, including a list of all the qualifiers for nomination, each month.
  • After 6 nominations, starts a separate "vote for" thread, with the forum "voting" tool incl
  • on the first of the month, posts the winning photo on the home page.
  • lather, rinse, repeat

I have seen where some "policing" took place re: violation of the nominating rules. so someone takes that responsibility.

FWIW..I agree, it's not as active or compelling there but I do drop in occasionally, and I shared that vacation pic because it came out so well. Just not as much to talk about, oddly enough, considering it's such a higher profile brand

It's all voted on by members, but someone administers the whole shebang...

someone has to:

• Start a nominate thread, including a list of all the qualifiers for nomination, each month.
  • After 6 nominations, starts a separate "vote for" thread, with the forum "voting" tool incl
  • on the first of the month, posts the winning photo on the home page.
  • lather, rinse, repeat

Gears spinning in head .... :icon_study:

I'd be fine with doing that. Although it would need probably a new sub forum, a single sticky thread wouldn't be much use as, (I'm guessing), only one poll per thread is possible. Plus the HOC doesn't have a "home page" to display the monthly winner.

---------------------------------

edit: disregard the above, it could be done in the regular Heritage Guitars forum .

Archived