Heritage Owners Club

The Deluxe Non-Reverb

slider313

Yeah? Really? Well until Fender decides to start making the REAL ONES AGAIN, this is what you got!! Given the fact that there is a shortage of nice original DR's, PR's Champs and the like, people are scarfing them up and the prices are enormous. My question is, why doesn't Fender start remaking them LIKE the ORIGINALS with point to point wiring, and better components!! Sure they would be pricey but so are the 60's models. This just puzzles me why they would not do this, and instead come out with a hand wired line of Eric Clapton amps that sell for so much dough.

Will, you can get the SilverFace hand point-to-point original models within $300-400 or the new reissues, sometimes even less than that. A mint 1968 silverface DR sold in a Story at Dayton for $1250. What are the reissues going for $850-950?

It's a no-brainer!

Sligo and Marsh both deliver awesome Fender circuits built old style eyelet board handwired for little more than the Chinese Fenders go for brand new. I don't know how Steve and Mike do it for that price, their stuff is that good. Also can get some nice Fender stuff from Ceriatone and Allen for reasonable prices. Nice parts, iron, build technique, and high quality/repairability in all mentioned here. Any of these do the tones like they should and in some cases even better than the originals. Guess which is going to respond the best to tube and speaker rolling... these or Chinese, please? Not to mention the wood, steel, and fingers...

My KBP810 is pure p2p blackface tone. It was one of DBs cast-offs.

If you're not hung up on the Fender logo, you can buy equivalent amps for reasonable prices.

I'd say that was a good snatch.

Guest HRB853370

Will, you can get the SilverFace hand point-to-point original models within $300-400 or the new reissues, sometimes even less than that. A mint 1968 silverface DR sold in a Story at Dayton for $1250. What are the reissues going for $850-950?

It's a no-brainer!

At least that John, at least. Worth looking into!

Archived