Heritage Owners Club

What foot do most use on a WAH pedal?

HANGAR18

What foot do you use (as in Right or Left) to operate a Wah pedal, and how do you think that compares to what which foot you think the majority of other players use?

example...

I use my __________ foot to operate a Wah and I think most players use their __________ foot.

Is this from an early 80's Mad Libs® book? You guys remember those, right!

example...

EX 1: I use my _breakdancing_ foot to operate a Wah and I think most players use their _Bullriding_ foot.

If not....Allow me to answer your original question.

example...

I use my _____Right_____ foot to operate a Wah and I think most players use their _____right_____ foot.

*I think a players "wah-foot" is typically going to coincide with their dominant hand.

Is this from an early 80's Mad Libs® book? You guys remember those, right!

example...

EX 1: I use my _breakdancing_ foot to operate a Wah and I think most players use their _Bullriding_ foot.

If not....Allow me to answer your original question.

example...

I use my _____Right_____ foot to operate a Wah and I think most players use their _____right_____ foot.

*I think a players "wah-foot" is typically going to coincide with their dominant hand.

I didn't read books in the 80's.

Right for wah - and that's because the wah is on the right side of my pedal board. If it were on the left side, I'd be using left foot. I think most people use right foot.

I'm dyslexic, write with my left hand and play guitar (and most everything else) with my right. I always keep time with my left foot and so the rare times I play a wah I use the left foot. The car accelrator answer makes good sense to me.

Any one ever just stop using wah? One day mid wah you thought, "I can hear no more wah. Not from me, not from anybody. Wah be gone"

Right foot - Right foot. Even if its on the left.

No wah for me, but if I did, it would be with left foot, as I want the stronger leg supporting me, just like when I play my bass board that use.

I'm guessing that most, if not all, effects pedals have the input jack on the right (as seen from above) and the output on the left, so the signal goes from right to left. Most players are right handed, so it makes sense - the signal comes out of the guitar on your right side and goes to the right side of the pedal(s). As most people would have the wah at the front of their signal chain, the wah would be at the right hand side, so I'd guess most players would use their right foot.

In my case I have the wah at the right of the pedals and the volume pedal at the left (at the end of the chain), so if I use the volume pedal it's with my left foot. As for my own dexterity/sinistrality, I'm predominantly left-handed, though I write with my right hand and play guitar right-handed.

Do the lefties here have a problem with the guitar lead crossing in front of them as it goes to the first of the pedals?

For the wah, I use my right foot if I want to accelerate, and my left foot if I want to change gears.

What foot do you use (as in Right or Left) to operate a Wah pedal, and how do you think that compares to what which foot you think the majority of other players use?

example...

I use my __________ foot to operate a Wah and I think most players use their __________ foot.

I use my _wife's_ foot to operate a Wah and I think most players use their _partner's_ foot.

Any one ever just stop using wah? One day mid wah you thought, "I can hear no more wah. Not from me, not from anybody. Wah be gone"

yeah, honestly, I haven't used it since I bought it. None of my band material calls for it. The only thing I could imagine using it, is if we were doing anything by Soundgarden or Audio Slave, but, not there yet. So, I have the wah on the board, just in case.

I quit using a wah about 6 years ago (coincidentally) around the same time I quit drinking booze........and (coincidentally) both my playing and personal life became much more stable :love3:

Archived