Heritage Owners Club

Anyone using an OkkO Diablo Gain + ?

cobrafast1

Anyone out there using an OkkO Diablo Gain Plus effects box? I just ordered one. I got really intrigued with it watching YouTube videos.

Anyone got any experience or feedback, besides being expensive?

I'll report what I learn after I receive it. Delivery is scheduled for Monday. Maybe I'll do a video too.

I personally like Gregor's tone better when he doesn't use the Diablo. It might sound different in person, it just sound thin, grainy & tinny. Not a lot of compression or meat to it.

I hope I am wrong and it is everything you hoped it is.

I personally like Gregor's tone better when he doesn't use the Diablo. It might sound different in person, it just sound thin, grainy & tinny. Not a lot of compression or meat to it.

I hope I am wrong and it is everything you hoped it is.

Thanks. I do like the sound that Gregor Hilden has with or without the OkkO Diablo, but if more compression is needed, I can add that in with another of my boxes. I'm hoping to reduct the number of stomp boxes,but one never knows.... It's just a gamble I'll take. Stay tuned for news later.....LOL

been using one for years, hands down the fattest tone ive ever had in a pedal format. The key is to dial in the internal controls.Nails that beano tone!

I saw the Bass and Presence internal trimpots. I trust that what you're referring to. How did you adjust them? + or - and how much? Just curious how you did it. I'll have to experiment with mine tomorrow after it arrives.

Im using the Okko for the Beano/Dumble tone thing so I back off the presence quite a bit, bump the bassto around 2 oclock and use the feed and body controls at 3 oclock. You can then dial in as much high end as you want using the tone knob. its a very interactive pedal, not for the plugnplay crowd, but what it does it does great!

Im using the Okko for the Beano/Dumble tone thing so I back off the presence quite a bit, bump the bassto around 2 oclock and use the feed and body controls at 3 oclock. You can then dial in as much high end as you want using the tone knob. its a very interactive pedal, not for the plugnplay crowd, but what it does it does great!

WOW, this is a bit freaky.... I've been playing with the pedal this afternoon and evening experimenting and I'm darn near the same setting you describe. I tweaked the trim pots just a bit off center position and the knobs are almost the same as yours. Off by just a little, but that could be because of my pickups are different than yours. It sounds wonderful.

I'm super happy with the OkkO Diapblo Gain +. It's a terrific box.

Tonight I just finished rewiring and soldering connectors for 3 of my stomp boxes to run from one power supply. Works great and cleans up my floor a bit too. This also eliminates any chance of ground loops for the stomp boxes that feed the input to the Mesa Express Plus. No hum at all.

I'm one happy dude with this setup.

I guess good tone minds think alike! it can get too bright, so I've learned to dial it back and use the amp for the brightness/clarity.I do have an early model and have heard from some that the newer ones are brighter, although cant verify. Through a Heritage Colonial, that setup can nail many Dumble tones.Enjoy!

I guess good tone minds think alike! it can get too bright, so I've learned to dial it back and use the amp for the brightness/clarity.I do have an early model and have heard from some that the newer ones are brighter, although cant verify. Through a Heritage Colonial, that setup can nail many Dumble tones.Enjoy!

Yes, I'm using my Mesa Express Plus 5:25 and it has an equalizer plus the individual tone controls. That along with the controls on the Diablo and its' internal controls, one can really dial in the tone just perfect. Another cool thing is that I have my other boxes still in front of the amp input, so if the Diablo has a bit too much razor distortion on it, I can smooth that out with my VFE Distortion 3 and get this really creamy (almost a whistle) type tone from the speakers. I've got an oscilloscope, so I can see the effect of the controls. Using all three boxes gives me a lot (way to many) variations in sound. Just dial it in and play. Not good for gigging to do that, but great in the studio when working on a song to record.

Archived