Heritage Owners Club

Trans Black H150

bolero

got this from Brent ( thanks again!! ) it's a little beat up: headstock repair, and a lot of gnar everywhere on the body....but sure plays & sounds great!!

kind of cool -it has a 1 piece body, and a 1 piece top. don't see many of them

I put some SD 59's in it to replace the old schaller's

just finished jamming along with Kooper, Bloomfield, Stills "super session" LP....see the rabbits running in the ditch?? most desperate rhyme ever, hahaha

150black.jpg

That's a great shot Bolero! Trans black isn't easy to photograph. She's a beautiful guitar. Nice snatch!

oh yeah....lets see those others, who else has a trans black Heritage?

Congrats, I like it. Beautiful grain.

Found this one on CL a few years back, and like yours Chris ,it's also dinged up which I actually prefer. Minty guitars induce anxiety on my part. At least til the 1st or 3rd ding.

It was played by someone quite a bit so that makes it a player I guess. Hate to say it but it's been in it's case for many months. Stock Schallers and I am able to get a super low buzz free action with it. I put a non schaller tail on it since this picture.

Transblack is another one of those finishes I would never choose on my own if left to my own devices. Getting a good deal on a used guit makes me flexible that way and I usually end up liking the finish at some point. I like transblack quite a bit now.

GL2-10032.jpg

GL2-10029.jpg

I just (a couple of hours ago!) swapped the Schaller humbuckers on my Trans Black 150 for a pair of SD Phat Cats... Some quick photos.

Before

644068_555292354544558_1915202001_n.jpg

After

1236513_555292397877887_831457361_n.jpg1013712_555292407877886_448755102_n.jpg

This one taken on a sunny day just after I got it just over a year ago...

376698_374333485973780_1596558735_n.jpg

Beautiful guitar. Get yourself a black poker chip for the selector switch.

you know, I may just do that....good idea!

I usually don't bother with them, but on this gtr I think it would look slick

trans black is kind of a stealth finish...from a distance or under low light it just looks like a black gtr...but up close the detail pops out....

bobmey has yours got black binding too? cool...

Hangar/Hfan/gpuma: I really like the look of yours w/pickguard, am considering doing that with mine

bobmey has yours got black binding too? cool...

Yes, you don't see too many with black binding. Now, if it had black hardware, an ebony board and black pickups...

Incidentally the Schaller tailpiece proved to be an advantage when changing the pickups, as all I had to do was loosen the strings and unhook them to access the pickups. After I'd installed the Phat Cats I hooked up the strings and tightened them up - job done!

I put some SD 59's in it to replace the old schaller's

150black.jpg

Is this what you used for the solo work on your friend's song? What amp? And btw, mighty mighty fine playing and interpretation on that solo!

I had a TransBlack Larrivee RS4 for a while. Done right, TB is a stunning top for a guitar. And yeah, gots to get close to see it, but when you do .... oh, yeah! :thumbsup:

This thread is good, it might get my 157 out of the case..now which bed is it stashed under?

Oh..what is wrong with this picture? Barry spotted it the day I posted my NGD...

037_zps51698fe4.jpg

Bridge pickup is reversed, Pete :)

I was going to say that the bridge was reversed. I guess it is all in how it was originally set up. I find it easier to get the screwdriver in there to do the intonation when the screws face toward the pickups. But the bridge pickup is definitely in wrong.

Winner Howard. When it was posted on CL the guy started getting calls from HOCers, someone wanted to know what pickups were in it so the seller pulled them and must have put one in backwards. Actually I wonder if it would give a different tone that way.

I like the idea of the poker chip, I'm getting one..although if you want to do a search call it a switch plate. I searched e bay for a Les Paul poker chip and there was one from 58 or something for $1,800.. wow.

I may try some different pickups one day..any of you guys who pulled the Schallers miss them? I just transformed a Hamer with Wolfetone P90s..like a NGD almost. I'm in pickup install mode.

Winner Howard. When it was posted on CL the guy started getting calls from HOCers, someone wanted to know what pickups were in it so the seller pulled them and must have put one in backwards. Actually I wonder if it would give a different tone that way.

I like the idea of the poker chip, I'm getting one..although if you want to do a search call it a switch plate. I searched e bay for a Les Paul poker chip and there was one from 58 or something for $1,800.. wow.

I may try some different pickups one day..any of you guys who pulled the Schallers miss them? I just transformed a Hamer with Wolfetone P90s..like a NGD almost. I'm in pickup install mode.

A correction, search LP switch washer (the switch plate is the cover on the back)..found Gibson washers on Amazon for $3.95, putting one on my 157..they do look better with then without IMHO

just finished jamming along with Kooper, Bloomfield, Stills "super session" LP....see the rabbits running in the ditch?? most desperate rhyme ever, hahaha

Great Album, and yes, a desperate lyric....here's one that made one of my current spins...clearly...dude was out of ideas....last verse of an otherwise thoughtful ballad

Constantinople is one long word

has three more letters than...

Mockingbird.

chorus...

You put me on the morning train.....

otherwise, nothing at all to add to these black beauties

Archived