Heritage Owners Club

Now That I've had some time..

smurph1

I really Love the New 68 Princeton Custom.. It's clean and chimey with LOTS of volume for such a small amp.. I've found some really nice overdrive tones using my TS-9 and MXR Modified Overdrive.. Using Just a touch of Reverb and Vibrato takes me back to Neil Young's tone when he did the early "Crazy Horse" stuff.. It's hard to believe the dang thing only has a 10 inch speaker in it!!

Yes, the Princeton is a great little amp. I had a Fender Princeton Chorus back in the 90's and really like it.. Sold it to a friend and he still uses it today. It's a little work horse of an amp. Clear tones, great reverb and the chorus is pretty good too.

I don't really have the ability to record it, but I think there are some clips on you-tube..

I don't really have the ability to record it, but I think there are some clips on you-tube..

I've seen one, and it sounds great. I had the opportunity to use an original one off and on in '72 but it didn't sound as good as the new ones seem to. I suspect the speaker is stouter, among other things?

Yes, the Princeton is a great little amp. I had a Fender Princeton Chorus back in the 90's and really like it.. Sold it to a friend and he still uses it today. It's a little work horse of an amp. Clear tones, great reverb and the chorus is pretty good too.

The Princeton Chorus was a versatile little amp, and surprisingly good sounding for what it was. There used be one in a rehearsal studio that I worked in. But make no mistake, it sounded nothing like a real tube Princeton.

Archived