Heritage Owners Club

NAD

smokedtires

Just got a new Blackstar HT-60 Stage amp. Its a 3 channel EL34 60watt amp with reverb, resonance, and presence controls.

I've never played with a band so this is just a hobby for me. I always stayed away from the higher wattage tube amps because I only play in my home so the low watt amps allowed me to get that tube distortion at lower volumes. With the master volume on the new amp I can keep the overall volume down while adjusting the volume on the 3 channels individually and still get great tones at lower volumes.

.Man this amp sounds amazing for the classic rock, rock, blues that I play. Crystal cleans that can go very loud before breakup. The second channel has some great classic rock tones while the third channel can be setup as a boost for solos or for heavy hard rocking tones.

For the $ this is a great buy I my opinion. This was only $50 more than the Orange Tiny Terror combo I have but way more versatile with 2x12 speakers vs the single 12. This is by far the best sounding amp I have had to date.

Guest HRB853370

Thanks guys. Steiner I never even thought about that, that's a great idea that I just might have to try :)

And let us know the results!

H beat me to it. Yes. I believe they worked in the R&D dept of Marshall and had some ideas they wanted to try but Marshall wanted to stay more traditional. Some say Blackstar amps are like hot-rodded Marshalls. They opened in 2007 so they are a young company, but have people like Gus G (Ozzy Osbourne/Firewind), Neal Schon(Journey), Hetfield (Metallica) playing their amps.

IMHO you get a lot of amp for the $ with Blackstar. Some have had issues with the TAD tubes so I upgraded all the tubes to Tungsol when the amp arrived, and have the stock tubes for backup. Interestingly, my amp came with Ruby power tubes and Electro Harmonix and Sovtec preamp tubes. Blackstar informed me that the Korean models come with TAD and China models the Rubys.

Archived