Heritage Owners Club

Fractal Axe FX Standard

Tim

So, recently I picked up an used Axe FX Std. Preamp/Processor. I've had my eye on these for some time. They seem to be very high end units. I haven't been disappointed but really haven't had the time to put the thing through the motions. The preset amp models are absolutely stunning though. It's nice to play through a Marshall Plexi with a 4/12 bottom and not get arrested (I live in a condo). Been waiting for them to come down in price and I got this unit for less than $1000 (they are going, used, for $1200-1400).

So, recently I picked up an used Axe FX Std. Preamp/Processor. I've had my eye on these for some time. They seem to be very high end units. I haven't been disappointed but really haven't had the time to put the thing through the motions. The preset amp models are absolutely stunning though. It's nice to play through a Marshall Plexi with a 4/12 bottom and not get arrested (I live in a condo). Been waiting for them to come down in price and I got this unit for less than $1000 (they are going, used, for $1200-1400).

is it difficult to learn how to use them?

I've been using an Axe-Fx Ultra for several years now, awesome box. I have recently gone back to an all tube amp (Fender SS 100) for the center dry channel in a W/D/W rig with the Axe-Fx supplying the two outside stereo wet channels (efx only). I've never had a better sounding rig.

Archived