Heritage Owners Club

multipedal power supplies?

bolero

now that I am starting to use FX more, I want to get a power unit to stick under my pedalbpoard & lose all of the individual wall-wart adaptors

what's everyone else using?

I think I need power for up to 10 devices, ranging from 9v to 12v, with options of flipping polarity on the jacks

thx!!

I use one of the voodoo lab power bricks with 8 power outputs. I need to power more than 8 pedals so I bought a splitter cable that I plug into one output and it has 5 more inputs, but I only use 2 or 3 of them (I can't remember of hand). Bottom line is that it works great but pricey, over $120.

I use one of the voodoo lab power bricks with 8 power outputs. I need to power more than 8 pedals so I bought a splitter cable that I plug into one output and it has 5 more inputs, but I only use 2 or 3 of them (I can't remember of hand). Bottom line is that it works great but pricey, over $120.

I use Voodoo Lab too. They make at least two different sizes.

Im over pedal boards and figuring out how to power them.

If it requires something other than 9v and a negative tip, Ive sold it. If its bigger than a boss pedal, its gone.

Im in the throws of plugging straight into the amp and using a clip on tuner.

I have the bigger (biggest ?) one.

:huh:

Funny this comes up, I watched a Rig Rundown of Johnny 5, he just uses batteries. I can't do that, I use a One-Spot and their daisy chain splitter. Word of caution, I plugged my crybaby in after I had my Boss DD3 already on and the wah power surge blew up my DD3.

Im over pedal boards and figuring out how to power them.

If it requires something other than 9v and a negative tip, Ive sold it. If its bigger than a boss pedal, its gone.

Im in the throws of plugging straight into the amp and using a clip on tuner.

:huh:

I've been that way for a long time, recently went crazy and have plugged in my Barber compressor a few times...living large. Goes great with a Tele.

Can't live without reverb though.

yep I have been NOT using pedals for almost 5 years....getting back into it though

cranking an amp up until it gets juicy is not always convenient

I've been that way for a long time, recently went crazy and have plugged in my Barber compressor a few times...living large. Goes great with a Tele.

Can't live without reverb though.

I seem to mainly play through a clean amp when Im left to my own devices. The pedal board has been broken down and stomps remain in an unattached pile on the floor.

Amongst the power supplies are a 1spot, a TREX jnr, Trex Classic, a Diago and a Voodoo labs PP2+.

I had some 12v AC and DC and 18v stomps. Also had a 15.6v stomp. I got annoyed at the relative complexity of trying to incorporate everything and the size of it all so I sold everything that wasnt 9v negative tip and that was too big.

Theres some modulation effects and od/dist flavours that I would never use in my own time so I sold them also.

I do like reverb and also trem. I would like a Strymon Flint but its current draw is 250mv. Its just awkward. I could get a voodoo labs PPdigital but then its not really simplifying anything and Im back at the start.

I seem to mainly play through a clean amp when Im left to my own devices. The pedal board has been broken down and stomps remain in an unattached pile on the floor.

Amongst the power supplies are a 1spot, a TREX jnr, Trex Classic, a Diago and a Voodoo labs PP2+.

I had some 12v AC and DC and 18v stomps. Also had a 15.6v stomp. I got annoyed at the relative complexity of trying to incorporate everything and the size of it all so I sold everything that wasnt 9v negative tip and that was too big.

Theres some modulation effects and od/dist flavours that I would never use in my own time so I sold them also.

I do like reverb and also trem. I would like a Strymon Flint but its current draw is 250mv. Its just awkward. I could get a voodoo labs PPdigital but then its not really simplifying anything and Im back at the start.

Pretty sure that with current, modern tech, there is no reason that the 9v- couldn't be converted to the necessary voltage inside the stomp. I've gone that route on nearly all of my pedals. I have one mulit unit on the board that I'm dumping soon. Then my board will be all 9v-. No over sized, no uber current draw. And it will be powered by one power supply. That's my 2014 goal.

I use the voodoo labs pedal power 2, but it is kinda pricey, and I question whether the super isolated blah blah blah outlets are really needed. I've never really encountered interference between pedals. I originally bought it for my guitar pedals, but it got sucked into being for my bass pedal rig. They are really good for powering "odd" pedals like the EHX pedals with strange power requirements.

I am now finally getting around to putting together my Guitar pedal board, I I think I'm just going to get the SKB PS-45 and use that for power requirements. I have a few pedals that need their own power supplies as they use tubes, etc., so it would just be easier than trying to rig something with the power socket on the back of the voodoo labs thing.

Hey, don't laugh at me too much…TC G-system multi effects thang has four 9 volt outs, and the effects in it are amazing. It's kinda spendy for a pedal power supply. Run one, two or three amps at once out of it. The presets, and there are buttloads of them, are awesome. No distortion effects in it. Has four main loops to stick in your fave stomp boxes in if the suppled palette of effects is not enough, and if you run over it with your vehicle, chances are that it will still work afterwards.

Just search TC G-System on eBay…you'll find a few for sale. Same maker does lots of different stomp box pedals and a few other rack mount fx processors. G-system is analog effects digitally switched. You can split the controller and the FX processor apart and put the processor in to a rack or leave the whole thing together and put it all on the floor. I find the manual to be confusing. But that's just me.

Just search TC G-System on eBay…you'll find a few for sale. Same maker does lots of different stomp box pedals and a few other rack mount fx processors. G-system is analog effects digitally switched. You can split the controller and the FX processor apart and put the processor in to a rack or leave the whole thing together and put it all on the floor. I find the manual to be confusing. But that's just me.

aha!!

http://www.tcelectronic.com/g-system/

Archived