Heritage Owners Club

Opinion on Mesa Express 5:50 Plus 212

Guest HRB853370

Guest HRB853370

I have a sudden opportunity to buy a 2 year old Mesa/Boogie Express 5:50 Plus 50-Watt 2x12" Combo only 2 years old with less than 20 hours on it, for $700. My understanding is the 2x12 version is no longer made, and now Mesa only offers the 1x12 version but I cannot find any info on the 2x12.

Barrymclark just sold his Express 1x12 to SouthernCanuck.

Are these amps point to point wired does anybody know?

Cheers

Guest HRB853370

I have a sudden opportunity to buy a 2 year old Mesa/Boogie Express 5:50 Plus 50-Watt 2x12" Combo only 2 years old with less than 20 hours on it, for $700. My understanding is the 2x12 version is no longer made, and now Mesa only offers the 1x12 version but I cannot find any info on the 2x12.

Cheers

Not point to point.

For me, it is great to have the overdrive in the amp - I don't have any pedals. Plus the reverb sounds really good.

But I'm not really qualified to give comparisons - there was a previous thread talking about both the Mesa Express 5:25 and 5:50:

http://www.heritageownersclub.com/forums/topic/23628-mesa-express-plus-525/

Lots of good experience and advice in that thread...

S_C

I've had two Mesa's and loved both. Don't think I could lift a 2 x 12 anymore, but if weight is no issue . . .

Ditto!! If it's anywhere near the weight of my Lonestar original, forget it! Then again, it could make a great stay at home amp.

Cheers

Will, they are great amps with tons of tones. Or is that a ton of tone?!

Whatever, Boogies tend to be so heavy that I prefer a single 12 combo. Then add an extension speaker if wider disbursement needed.

If the price is right, you won't loose much if you flip that 2x12 down the road.

Guest HRB853370

Will, they are great amps with tons of tones. Or is that a ton of tone?!

Whatever, Boogies tend to be so heavy that I prefer a single 12 combo. Then add an extension speaker if wider disbursement needed.

If the price is right, you won't loose much if you flip that 2x12 down the road.

Funny it was on CL for a month, and when I called it was available. He is in GA so we talked about meeting up this weekend. Then he called back an hour later to tell me it was sold! For that price I can see why!

I have the Mesa Express Plus 5:25 head and love it. I like the separated cabs as they are easier to transport and I can use the head with any of my 3 speaker cabinets. Each has it's own characteristics. Makes for a versatile effect.

Buy the Mesa. I've had Marshall's, Fenders, Gibsons, Egnater, Sovtek, Carviins and a few others and I prefer the Mesa Express Plus to all of them. Great sound and can tune to perfection for the sound I want.

Guest HRB853370

I've got the non plus version of the 5:50 212. It is a very good amp, and that is a very good price.

attachicon.gifP1220160.JPG

What is the difference between the plus and nonplus version? No, I didnt get it in time, got sold.

What is the difference between the plus and nonplus version? No, I didnt get it in time, got sold.

I believe where mine has got the 'contour' knob the 'Plus' version has got a small graphic EQ. As far as I know that's the only difference.

Archived