Heritage Owners Club

NMBAD

gpuma

It arrived tonight, just plugged it in to make sure everything works.. then father duty called and no more time for my new toy.

Got a really good price for it, wifey doesn't think so.

Ladies and Gents:

my new used Mesa Boogie 5:25 Express

I cannot believe this little guy is an all tube amp and not a modeling one; look at the features:

two channels, each channel has two modes:

1. Clean channel
    • Clean Mode
    • Crunch Mode
  2. Gain Channel
    • Blues Mode
    • Burn Mode

Totally separate controls for each channel, even the Reverb is separate.

Contour control and last but not least:

Pure Class A 5W or class A/B 25 W.

10" speaker. That was my choice vs. the 12" because I live in a town-home and my music gear is on the 4th floor. The weight of this guy is manageable at 39 lbs.

Why would I ever need another amp? (Answer... because you are already GASSING for a Mark V)

Front:

DSC_0081_zps0aaf1e6c.jpg

Back

DSC_0084_zpsfea46590.jpg

With Daddy:

DSC_0085_zps3f636c43.jpg

It arrived tonight, just plugged it in to make sure everything works.. then father duty called and no more time for my new toy.

Ladies and Gents:

I cannot believe this little guy is an all tube amp and not a modeling one; look at the features:

1. Clean channel
    • Clean Mode
    • Crunch Mode
  2. Gain Channel
    • Blues Mode
    • Burn Mode

10" speaker. That was my choice vs. the 12" because I live in a town-home and my music gear is on the 4th floor. The weight of this guy is manageable at 39 lbs.

Why would I ever need another amp? (Answer... because you are already GASSING for a Mark V)

Front:

DSC_0081_zps0aaf1e6c.jpg

Back

DSC_0084_zpsfea46590.jpg

With Daddy:

DSC_0085_zps3f636c43.jpg

Hey Gio,

Congrats! Those specs look amazing; now I'll have to take a serious look at that amp, it looks like it does everything; and especially because it's light.

Consider uploading some sound clips, if you ever have any spare time.

Hey Gio,

Congrats! Those specs look amazing; now I'll have to take a serious look at that amp, it looks like it does everything; and especially because it's light.

Consider uploading some sound clips, if you ever have any spare time.

I'll try over the weekend. I also need some time to get familiar with this guy. All these possibilities require some dedication to be mastered

Nice Amp!! Our local mom and pop has one, but I've never fired it up for fear I'd start selling stuff to get it!! LOL congratualtions!!

OK, I made 4 very short clips. I am just a mediocre player but when it comes to recording I am clueless.

I have a nice Mic (cad trion 8000) but I still have to learn how to use it. So these recordings make me sound worse than I already do (and trust me it is a hard task).

There is no effect whatsoever. Just a little reverb from the amp itself

I am destroying some History of Rock here, so listen at your own risk and please do not focus on the mistakes (I know they are distracting).

Clean:

http://sclk.co/s7j6mt

Blues Crunch:

http://sclk.co/s7j6mv

A little more crunch . My last name is Puma, but maybe I am a leo

http://sclk.co/s7j6mu

I hope Dave will never listen to this massacre. Here i moved the mic in the middle of the room... you can here jamtrcks in the background. I left that far because the focus is not the song or my playing, but the tone.

Higher gain here and great sustain:

http://sclk.co/s7j6mw

Everything recorded with my 535 on the Bridge Pick up. Just to make simple

Also, The amp is in A/B class (25W) the entire time.

When you switch it to A class (5W) the little guy changes significantly. I am still getting familiar with it... there is a lot to explore

Guest HRB853370

Ladies and Gents:

1. Clean channel
    • Clean Mode
    • Crunch Mode
  2. Gain Channel
    • Blues Mode
    • Burn Mode

Front:

DSC_0081_zps0aaf1e6c.jpg

Back

DSC_0084_zpsfea46590.jpg

With Daddy:

DSC_0085_zps3f636c43.jpg

Now you have to get the big brother Gio, the 5:50. Its only $1600!! I was pissed when this guy in Atlanta had a nice 5:50 2x12 for $725 with only 20 hours on it and he would not hold it for me. It sold that evening. I have been watching for them and they don't come cheaply. Have fun with it! So you have a rectifier too? What is the difference in specs?

Rather than getting a new 5:50 for that much, I would either get a used Mark V or a Mark IIC+.

Here you can find the specs for the Single Rectifier

http://www.mesaboogie.com/Product_Info/Out_of%20_Production/Rect-O-Verb_/rect-o-verb_.html

I love it. The only reason I goy a 5:25 is that the Rectoverb is heavy as hell

Archived