Heritage Owners Club

Line 6 AmpliFi: Bluetooth Speaker/Guitar Amp

schundog

No haters allowed, haha. I know most of us prefer tube amps, and many even snub their noses at PCB tube amps, (let's not open THAT can of worms again) but this is an interesting concept to say the least. My hat is off to LIne 6 for continuing to evolve with the available technology. I have wanted to get a Bluetooth speaker to play music off of my phone or ipad around the house/pool, but haven't been terribly impressed with what you get for the money with some of the smaller BeatBox speakers. I'd be interested to see how this looks/sounds as a Bluetooth Speaker and a guitar amp. The connectivity with an IOS App on an Apple device to be able to WIRELESSLY save your settings, stream your tracks to play along with, try other's settings, makes some of the features that Line 6 has had for some time all that much more attractive. I'm not saying I'm necessarily going to jump right in, but I'll be interested in taking a look at it once it hits the stores. Check out the video from NAMM, and there is a marketing video if you look at the amp on Musician's Friend. Obviously, their target market isn't geezers like me, but I'm still going to check it out!

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pages/line-6-amplifi?src=3TP4AOA

Everything is better with bluetooth.

I'm interested in what you find. Please do keep us abreast. :)

Archived