Heritage Owners Club

Gigged a Twin Reverb

tulk1

I loved my Twin.

(that sounds wierd)

Early silver face, identical to the blackface circuit.

Clean headroom out the wazoo, bottom end powerful and clear. I used it even for smaller

indoor gigs. Best jazz amp ever.

In my earlier rock days, I had JBL120F's in it (15 lb magnets), and sat it on top of a vertically

oriented bandmaster cabinet with another 2 12's.

But I got tired of the weight and size. Stupidly sold it to finance a Millie DC. Bad move!

Now I spend my time reading about modding my DRRI. Sorry DR fans, but it's just not the same.

Mr B

Yeah, there's nothing quite like a Twin Reverb. I just finished working on/restoring a '67 blackface with an original pair of Fender/Jensen C12N's.

Big, warm cleans with plenty of punch. The old saying, "It is what it is because of what it is." (Yogi Berra?) sure applies here. Large transformers with four, diode rectified, 6L6GC's keep things solid and tight.

Yeah, there's nothing quite like a Twin Reverb. I just finished working on/restoring a '67 blackface with an original pair of Fender/Jensen C12N's.

Big, warm cleans with plenty of punch. The old saying, "It is what it is because of what it is." (Yogi Berra?) sure applies here. Large transformers with four, diode rectified, 6L6GC's keep things solid and tight.

Those amps pretty much define "the best amp to use with a pedal board"! Vintage Twins and pedals, are like peanut butter and jelly, or for the corksniffers, wine and cheese:) My buddy had a '67 that would give up the best tones with his vintage Les Paul custom. I loved that amp, and I generally like lower powered amps!

No electronics expert here, but I believe the solid state rectifier does a lot to contribute

to the firm bottom.

mmmmmm....

I loved my Twin.

(that sounds wierd)

Early silver face, identical to the blackface circuit.

Clean headroom out the wazoo, bottom end powerful and clear. I used it even for smaller

indoor gigs. Best jazz amp ever.

In my earlier rock days, I had JBL120F's in it (15 lb magnets), and sat it on top of a vertically

oriented bandmaster cabinet with another 2 12's.

But I got tired of the weight and size. Stupidly sold it to finance a Millie DC. Bad move!

Now I spend my time reading about modding my DRRI. Sorry DR fans, but it's just not the same.

Mr B

That's interesting. My rig back in the "good 'ol days" was a Twin Reverb sitting on top of a Bassman cab. Shunted the lows to the Bassman, the Twin handled the Mids/Highs. We called it the Twin Stack. It was every bit the beasty as my brother's Dual Showman. Ah, the days of bigger is better.

I used to gig a Matchless Hotbox into an original tube Echoplex into Dual Showman head into a 4X12 Marshall bottom with Greenbacks in it. It was

easily one of the best tones I've ever had! I don't miss hauling that crap around. But funny enough, when I play on a big stage with my original band The Bastard Redheads, I use a full pedal board, a small Acoustic PA for my acoustic (ZED10FX, (2) Mackie HD1221, (1) Mackie 1501 sub) , and a Mesa DC2 combo and extension cab. Lot's of equipment, but my sound is huge! Lucky I only play with that band a few times a year!!!!!!

I used to gig a Matchless Hotbox into an original tube Echoplex into Dual Showman head into a 4X12 Marshall bottom with Greenbacks in it. It was

easily one of the best tones I've ever had! I don't miss hauling that crap around. But funny enough, when I play on a big stage with my original band The Bastard Redheads, I use a full pedal board, a small Acoustic PA for my acoustic (ZED10FX, (2) Mackie HD1221, (1) Mackie 1501 sub) , and a Mesa DC2 combo and extension cab. Lot's of equipment, but my sound is huge! Lucky I only play with that band a few times a year!!!!!!

Braggard!!

It sounds like you need roadies when you gig with The Bastard Redheads!

Here's the rig you can see the Boogie, the ext cab, and one of the Hd1221s (the sub and the other Hd1221

is out of the frame). If you look closely you can see I make them mic the PA cabs because those speakers are

part of the tone I've created. The sub is also mic'd, with a kick drum mic, and the Boogie is mic'd on the main

cab on my favorite Celestion speaker. Let's see that's 5 mics just for me, hahahahah, what an a-hole!!!

Bastardos-2.jpg

My first real amp was a '69 Twin Reverb I bought used. It had a pair of cheap aftermarket speakers which lasted about a month. I put a pair of, then new, EV SRO's in it. Talk about heavy!

medium.jpg

I had one of those in a boogie, I couldn't imagine two!!!!!

My first real amp was a '69 Twin Reverb I bought used. It had a pair of cheap aftermarket speakers which lasted about a month. I put a pair of, then new, EV SRO's in it. Talk about heavy!

medium.jpg

About a year ago I sold a twin with two of those in it. Tone heaven but close to 100 pounds/

I have and still maintain that the best sonic bliss requires massive transformers. That's why I own a hand truck

A pound per watt minimum. That's my rule.

Here's the rig you can see the Boogie, the ext cab, and one of the Hd1221s (the sub and the other Hd1221

is out of the frame). If you look closely you can see I make them mic the PA cabs because those speakers are

part of the tone I've created. The sub is also mic'd, with a kick drum mic, and the Boogie is mic'd on the main

cab on my favorite Celestion speaker. Let's see that's 5 mics just for me, hahahahah, what an a-hole!!!

Bastardos-2.jpg

hahaha, hell yeah, that is pretty cool!

Archived