Heritage Owners Club

Need a Louder cheap Amp..

smurph1

Fender Hot Rod Deluxe should do the trick

This. You can get a lot out of these amps. They can do everything but straight up heavy metal. 40w and you can get a matching extension. If that don't work....man I don't know what to say. Somebody's gotta turn the hell down or the drums will need to be mic'd.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

smurf, you still have the Bassman head? That, with a good reverb pedal, and a 1x12 cab should be more than enough, and very portable. Hard to believe the Princeton doesn't get it done...even unmic'd. How loud are you guys, anyway!? Daniel, Kenny, and Bill make a lot of good points!

Wait. ... The man's got a Bassman and we're having this conversation?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Well you probably know what I am going to say. Get yourself a new Fender Mustang III (version 2) amp, 100 watts, great effects engine. 5 year transferable warranty... Can be had for about $275 new (during those musician friend/guitar sale moments).... Anything goes wrong, their warranty is pretty good and you can transfer it if you sell it..... Has stereo outs as well.....

Why don't any of the amp manufacturers make a slave amp,

just a power amp and speaker,

that you could use to beef up a small amp when you need more sound?

(yeah, yeah, I know, it's called a P.A.)

I think by now you should know not to buy another amp unless you need more versatility for covers. Maybe bringing both the Princeton & the Bassman to gigs anyway so that you have a backup.

Cherry picking some 'internet wisdom' FWIW:

One speaker will give the greatest dispersion on stage. Adding speakers will project farther into the crowd with each addition but not without some loss to perceived stage volume.

If the speakers in the Bassman cab are the same efficiency as the one in the combo, then, as an extension cab for your Princeton, you MIGHT not notice much difference on stage but, the crowd may hear you better. Speaker efficiency is a big plus when you need to be heard.

However, and this is a big however, if your Bassman cab is 4 Ohms and your Princeton wants to see 8, then don't do it; you'd be better served showing the 4 Ohm Bassman head an 8 Ohm load.

WOW! Long winded and will probably be called BS.

Will it be off the floor?

Well you probably know what I am going to say. Get yourself a new Fender Mustang III (version 2) amp, 100 watts, great effects engine. 5 year transferable warranty... Can be had for about $275 new (during those musician friend/guitar sale moments).... Anything goes wrong, their warranty is pretty good and you can transfer it if you sell it..... Has stereo outs as well.....

How do I know if a Mustang III is a version 2 or not?

Why don't any of the amp manufacturers make a slave amp,

just a power amp and speaker,

that you could use to beef up a small amp when you need more sound?

(yeah, yeah, I know, it's called a P.A.)

they used to...Hiwatt, Garnet made slave amps from 35-150w

I have a Garnet Rebel, which is a Slave head.....nameplate is great, it says "Rebel Slave" :D

Archived