Heritage Owners Club

Solved my Amp Problem

smurph1

When I got home from work tonight I plugged a 1x12 cab into my Princeton,,It sounds great and provides me with the volume I need.. Plus the bonus is I won't need to buy another amp.. That Princeton was not cheap and the thought was it would be my go to amp into the future, and now it can be!! It's a win win!!

I'm glad it worked out for you Scott! There isn't an extension speaker out on the Princeton, is there? So the main speaker is disabled, and you are just getting the benefit of the 12 inch VS 10 each speaker, right? I love my Fender amps, but I wish they would add an extension speaker out and effects loop to their "sacred" designs.

I'm glad it worked out for you Scott! There isn't an extension speaker out on the Princeton, is there? So the main speaker is disabled, and you are just getting the benefit of the 12 inch VS 10 each speaker, right? I love my Fender amps, but I wish they would add an extension speaker out and effects loop to their "sacred" designs.

There's the Hot Rod extension. Probably wouldn't be a perfect stack but I'm sure it'd do. :)

You have discovered the working musician's best kept secret for increasing volume...An Extension Speaker Cab loaded with a quality driver. It is a very inexpensive sonic boost for many amps.

But beware...Extension Speaker Cab GAS is another gear based addiction. This affliction has brought new and magical tones from my humble amp collection. :icon_smile:

... There isn't an extension speaker out on the Princeton, is there? So the main speaker is disabled, and you are just getting the benefit of the 12 inch VS 10 each speaker, right? I love my Fender amps, but I wish they would add an extension speaker out and effects loop to their "sacred" designs.

Scott has the newer '68 Custom Princeton, which does have an extra jack out the back so can run both internal 10 and an ext cab.

Scott, what cab/spkr did you get? And does the amp safely run down to 4 ohms assuming you've an 8ohm extension spkr running parallel to the 8 ohm internal?

Archived