Heritage Owners Club

NAD tommorow!

smurph1

I've decided to pull the trigger on a Mesa Dual Rectifier Recto-Verb Combo!! It's a very versatile amp, essentially 4 amps in one.. Dual channel with 2 settings on each channel.. First is "clean" and "push" Channel 2 is "vintage" and "modern" Each channel has reverb, and there is a 12 and 25 watt switch.. Best news is that we have worked out a trade, so there will actually be little or no money involved!! YAY!!

That was fast. I'm actually considering a Mesa myself because some of the music I'm venturing into requires more dirt that an OD pedal gives me.

I can't wait to hear the full tone report when you get it. What's the weight on those? I've heard that Mesa have the heaviest amps in the smallest packages...

Yeah it was fast.. weight wise it is a bit heavy, but I have a dolly I can use.. The cool thing about this particular amp is that the cleans are very close to a "Fender" clean which is what I need for the country band.. But when I want ot rock, I can Really RAWK!!! :icon_sunny:

Oh yeah, have the original owner give you a copy of his sales receipt and the remaining time on the 5 year

warranty will be transferred to you! Although it is still a circuit board amp there is no question in my mind that

the Boogie is built to a higher standard than the Princeton reissue!

Guest HRB853370

Yeah it was fast.. weight wise it is a bit heavy, but I have a dolly I can use.. The cool thing about this particular amp is that the cleans are very close to a "Fender" clean which is what I need for the country band.. But when I want ot rock, I can Really RAWK!!! :icon_sunny:

I wonder if this amp is similar to the Supersonic 60 Fender, which is really 3 amps in one. The cleans that the Supersonic delivers are really great and my understanding is the BURN channel can really get down.

Yes they are addicting.. The damn thing does everything well.. Even the sparkly clean Fender tones.. Who'd a thunk it? I'm a Lucky Guy!!

Congratulations on your new amp!

I have great respect for Mesa, although I won't be buying another, I sold my 2/12 Maverick to a friend. He loves it. Mesa amps have always been designed for gigging musicians. I'd be shocked to say the least if a peek under the hood of any modern PCB Fender reveals build quality up to the Mesa level. And although Mesa amps sound good with their stock tubes, they give back nicely when the preamp section is pimped out to the owner's preference of vintage old stock tubes and speaker rolling as well.

The classic foundation earliest Mesa tones came courtesy of Altec 417's…a forgotten, alnico, heavy, articulate speaker that still surpasses what is made 30 or more years later, particularly in the clean tones, and they can deliver meaty, classic rock distortion tones capable of ripping yer face off if you want from low to high stage volumes... As good as the Mesa Celestions do sound, the Altecs…wow. EVM 12s and 12l 200 watters are also considered a foundation tone in a Mesa combo. But having much more poundage than even the heavy Altecs, they are backbreakers in the weightlifting department.

Nice snatch, sir!

Archived