Heritage Owners Club

New Amp Day

peterbright

Picked up the Fishman SA220 this morning and set it up in a just a few minutes. Tried it out with two mics (one needing phantom power and one that doesn't) and the Martin 000-18GE and they all sounded great. Only had about 30 minutes before I had to get ready to go to work. Pics and more later. So far so good. I now know why they put wheels on the carry case!

I'm real curious about your long-term exuberance with this amp. Fishman is one of the premiere companies in acoustic amplification; did they hit there potential with this amp? Do they have an add-on bass cab like the Bose systems? Any other cool add-on features that expand the system???

It's a rather formidable looking monolith. Happy NADs :)

Congratulations! It does look like Bose' L1 system. I'm glad to hear it's working well for you. That Millie you just picked up looks like it's making itself right at home with it's two bigger brothers, too. Nice Heritages, man!

They look related but i'm liking the Seth Lovers in the Millie better than the '59's in the 555 CL

From what I've read, changing the A5 magnet in the '59's to A2 makes a big difference. The most difficult part of swapping magnets is removing the pickup cover and resoldering it.

What is this thing? Like a mini PA system that has guitar inputs as well as microphone inputs and some basic EQ?

You got it. Plus you don't need a floor monitor when using it. It's a great system, but does have its limitations. It sounds amazing for vocals as well. Not the boomy bass of the Bose, but it's a third of the price. Also has reverb, a notch filter, master volume, independent gain chanels, aux in for jamming, direct out to go to house systems & more I can't remember. I love mine. You can also expand with a second SA220 if you have a need for more inputs and link the two.

What is this thing? Like a mini PA system that has guitar inputs as well as microphone inputs and some basic EQ?

incindentally, this is true of 98% of Acoustic guitar amps. Even the "inexpensive" combos out there have guitar inputs and xlr inputs, phantom power, basic EQ, reverb, notch filters....such as the Fender Acoustisonic and Marshall AS series.

AER, Bose, and Fishman take that functionality to the extreme, for the professional. But you can drop $200 on craigslist and get the same functionality, although certainly not the versatility or quality.

Sweet amp PB, congrats.

incindentally, this is true of 98% of Acoustic guitar amps. Even the "inexpensive" combos out there have guitar inputs and xlr inputs, phantom power, basic EQ, reverb, notch filters....such as the Fender Acoustisonic and Marshall AS series.

AER, Bose, and Fishman take that functionality to the extreme, for the professional. But you can drop $200 on craigslist and get the same functionality, although certainly not the versatility or quality.

Sweet amp PB, congrats.

I need something I can plug a mic into so that a volcalist can be heard over the top of independantly amplified instruments where no PA is present such as in a living room or very small venue like a coffee house or something. Inexpensively. Will an acoustic amp do that? Keyboard amp? Lead singer amp?

I need something I can plug a mic into so that a volcalist can be heard over the top of independantly amplified instruments where no PA is present such as in a living room or very small venue like a coffee house or something. Inexpensively. Will an acoustic amp do that? Keyboard amp? Lead singer amp?

Maybe this amp... http://www.carvinguitars.com/products/AG300

When I used to practice with a VERY loud band in a VERY small basement, this was EXACTLY what I used my Marshall for. IT came along as my portable PA. We'd play in a very cramped corner, in a circle, I'd set the Marshall in the center of the group pointing towards me like a monitor, bassist facing the Guitarist, me facing the drum kit. At the end of each practice, the bassist/leader of the group would say, "so? How'd you sound?"

2011-11-02203329_zps86196b7f.jpg

that's the AS50D in the foreground.

In my opinion the Acoustisonic 30 would do you just fine, and they're everywhere.

for a size comparison, that's the Marshall on the right, the one that, um, says Marshall on it. 50W solid state 2x8

photo21_zpsb9c47cc1.jpg

Sorry for the hijack.

Archived