Heritage Owners Club

NMBAD (again!)

gpuma

Pics as promised.

DSC_0128_zpsmvj2tswz.jpg

This is a complex amp, but it is complex, not complicated. The three channels have the same control layout (gain/master/presence on top of treble/mid/bass)

The upper left switch selects the mode of the channel, the middle one the eq assignment (off,on or footswitch) and the lower select the power mode (90 W, 45 W or 10 W)

This is Channel 1, with its three modes: clean, fat or tweed. The switch in the middle is a global switch to increase the midrange (normal/bold not clear in the pic because of the flash)

DSC_0139_zpsyp39cxka.jpg

The channel 2 (edge, crunch or Mark I) the switch in the middle in this case is active only in Mark I mode with a similar effect as the relative switch in ch 1)

DSC_0140_zpsgz9362fi.jpg

Channel 3 (Mark IIC+, Mark IV and Extreme, with the middle switch enhanching the brightness of the tone)

DSC_0140_zpsgz9362fi.jpg

the fron panel ends with the typical Mesa EQ that can be used either in preset mode (with the tyoical scoop) or with the sliders.

Also interesting is the Variac power mode:

DSC_0142_zpsaeyocy1h.jpg

The back is interesting too:

here you can see the assignable and foot-switchable effect loop:

DSC_0136_zpska3rxwy1.jpg

in this pic instead you can see, just under the reverb setting the rectifier mode for channels one and two (in 45W mode) and the choice between pentode and triode for channel three. I have not experimented with these features yet. Also the bias can be changed from 6L6 to EL84

DSC_0137_zpsr1k5nmbd.jpg

Finally the footswitch. It has very nice features:

The "solo" mode (basically an output control in series with the main output to give some extra volume during a solo, reverb, channel selection, EQ and fx loop as well as a very handy mute button)

DSC_0138_zpsqbvvu0zp.jpg

What I like most about Mesa Engineering is that they continue to improve upon their own innovations, year after year. No cheap compromises!!

true.

But in the end I love them for their sound!

I like your new amp Puma! I record with vintage style amps, but when I play live, I love my Mesa.

Last Saturday night I played my Firebird and my Mesa DC2 and I had a ball!!!

I would like to buy a Mark V head and use it with my different seperate cabs!

Thank you guys. Rb, this is totally the amp for a guy who wants to tweak every little difference. I bet you'll love it.

That is exactly why I like them, and I feel on the newer ones you can dial out the mid heavy tendencies that

their older model gain channels had.

Archived