Heritage Owners Club

Svetlana/Winged C EL34's

Dell18

Just pulled this matched quad from my Genz Benz El Diablo. They've been in there (stock tubes) since 2002? 2003? These are badged Svetlana but are the same tube as "current" Winged C EL34's. The Winged C are now no longer in production and I just paid $46 a piece for a new quad. $184 + shipping. These are about done. Testing between 63%-66%. My amp tech said they would PROBABLY be good for another few months of decent use. They are tired, it's hard for me to judge the difference as I upgraded all the my pre amp tubes also but I suspect they don't sound quite as good as a fresh set. I don't get on here very often nor do I check my email very frequently, so it may be best to not expect a quick response but if anybody wants to see what all the hype about Winged C is about, I'll send 'em to ya. Slow USPS shipping. If you want Priority, I'll get ya my Paypal #. Be aware these are tired and may not perform as well new Winged C's and I would not run 'em in there for long but if you wanna hear 'em in your amp before dropping $100-$200 for a pair or quad, I got ya. Just give me a bit to respond and I'll ship em to ya. By the way, the fresh quad of Winged C EL34's with Tung Sol 12ax7's and one JJ ECC83s sounds markedly better. I'm really happy with it and my amp tech was really impressed also despite being on the fence about the 3 other examples of my head he's played/worked on.

I must have missed the price you are asking for these. If you are giving them away, let me know so I can move this post to the amp section instead of the marketplace.

Yeah, sorry. They're not testing strong enough that I'd feel right asking $ for them, but they still got a bit of life left in 'em so someone can give 'em a shot for free. They'll just around here and I can take the hit on shipping 4 tubes. It's not like they're a 4x12 cab. They lasted for 12 years of varying amounts of use, so they may still go for awhile at those percentages.

Archived