Heritage Owners Club

New Acoustic Pickup. "DEMO" Taj Mahal style!

Well the revolving door of pickups that have gone into my acoustic guitars never ends, but

today I tried a pickup that works perfectly for what I do. No external preamp required, yet

sounds pretty close to my guitar's natural sound only louder. The install was ridiculously

easy considering it is a dual source system. The pickup is the B-Band 2.2 XOM. It is a

combination of their UST and AST pickups ran through a crossed over preamp. Here it

is recorded with my iphone on the kitchen table. The guitar is my Gibson J-100 X-tra.

The electric signal courtesy of my Fishman Loudbox Performer which is decent at best

compared to what I use live. No amplification on my voice.

http://soundcloud.com/daniel-weldon-1/fishing-1

I like! Could tell right away what kind of guitar it was, and the pickup shows that information in a very appealing way. How do you like the feel of the system? Does it have a little give to it or does it change the way you play? Thanks for sharing this!

Sounds good! I read a glowing review of a dual pickup system of theirs a while back.

I bought an eastman AE maple off feebay a few years back that arrived a completely different guitar than what I had purchased. Was actually a bit nicer but I considered sending it back as it came with what looked like a dealer install bband instead of the fishman it was supposed to have. basic one with the simple controls under the sound hole. I knew of BBand but had no experience with them. Before I even plugged it in I called eastman's US public service rep and he said I was lucky, it was probably installed by them but they didn't stick many bbands in back in those days....but he much preferred them. Found out that was good advice when I plugged it in. Would be nice to have a little feedback control though, doesn't always mesh well with the Mark 2...

No, I don't have to change my playing style, it's very natural sounding. That's what I like about it.

I like! Could tell right away what kind of guitar it was, and the pickup shows that information in a very appealing way. How do you like the feel of the system? Does it have a little give to it or does it change the way you play? Thanks for sharing this!

It really does sound excellent. But I can't tell if the microphone is capturing the amplified sound or just the acoustic sound. That's probably a very good thing but I'd love to get your comment on that.

Thanks,

Horace

It's mostly the amplifier, as I turned the guitar away from the recorder:)

It really does sound excellent. But I can't tell if the microphone is capturing the amplified sound or just the acoustic sound. That's probably a very good thing but I'd love to get your comment on that.

Thanks,

Horace

Sounds good! I read a glowing review of a dual pickup system of theirs a while back.

I bought an eastman AE maple off feebay a few years back that arrived a completely different guitar than what I had purchased. Was actually a bit nicer but I considered sending it back as it came with what looked like a dealer install bband instead of the fishman it was supposed to have. basic one with the simple controls under the sound hole. I knew of BBand but had no experience with them. Before I even plugged it in I called eastman's US public service rep and he said I was lucky, it was probably installed by them but they didn't stick many bbands in back in those days....but he much preferred them. Found out that was good advice when I plugged it in. Would be nice to have a little feedback control though, doesn't always mesh well with the Mark 2...

What are you doing plugging into a Mark II???? Kids these days:)

Your playing is very good but I think it may overpower your vocals. I'm not a record producer but as a consumer I'd like the guitar to be softer in comparison to your voice. Just my opinion.

Your playing is very good but I think it may overpower your vocals. I'm not a record producer but as a consumer I'd like the guitar to be softer in comparison to your voice. Just my opinion.

Peter that is hilarious:) I recorded the guitar with my iphone in front of my 130 watt Fishman Loudbox performer and was just singing along with no microphone or nothing just to let you guys know what song I was playing. You can actually hear me turn away from the iphone while I was singing (to make sure the guitar didn't get into the microphone of the iPhone). You didn't really think that was keeper recording did you? I'm laughing out loud, thanks for that!!! I promise as consumer you will never have to PAY from something that bad from me.

What would be interesting is to hear that same tune, or something set up the same way (fishman, iphone, etc) with a different pickup. Then we could really tell you how you sound. ...... :laughing7:

BTW, I liked that. The guitar sounded very natural.

What would be interesting is to hear that same tune, or something set up the same way (fishman, iphone, etc) with a different pickup. Then we could really tell you how you sound. ...... :laughing7:

BTW, I liked that. The guitar sounded very natural.

Good one Kenny!

Archived