Heritage Owners Club

Digging Digital Delay: Boss DD-3

schundog

I've sometimes stayed away from using delay, as it seems somewhat formidable to get it to sound right. But life is short, right?! Anyway, I've had a Delta Lab Digital Delay pedal for a few years, and it's been OK, especially for light slapback stuff, but Brent was selling a bunch of Boss stuff a month or two back, and I picked up a DD-3 from him, like new, in the box (thanks again, buddy!) I didn't get around to messing with it until last night, when I replaced the old Delay with this one. It's a LOT more versatile, and made clean and dirty settings on my Egnater Tweaker 15 sound HUGE! Lots of fun there; THEN, I plugged it into the 5E3 that had been warming up, waiting it's turn, and Whoa, MAMA! haha. The fact that I can't play my way out of a wet paper bag didn't deter me from forming a big Shit-Eating-Grin from ear to ear as I felt my 535 vibrating against me. Good clean fun.

I know some of you guys have some great boutique effects, but I for one am very pleased with the Boss DD-3. I'd like to get my buddy to make a tap tempo pedal to add to it, but that's another story. I also don't have a bad thing to say about my Boss TU-2 Tuner and my Boss Blues Driver. My Boss DS-1, on the other hand....

I don't really use effects, although I seem to buy a fair amount of them. I've used quite a few higher end ones too. In the end the only 2 that get any use are a regular old crybaby wah, and a Boss OD-3 (which I absolutely love). Boss must be doing something right in order to sell so much stuff!

I ha

I've sometimes stayed away from using delay, as it seems somewhat formidable to get it to sound right. But life is short, right?! Anyway, I've had a Delta Lab Digital Delay pedal for a few years, and it's been OK, especially for light slapback stuff, but Brent was selling a bunch of Boss stuff a month or two back, and I picked up a DD-3 from him, like new, in the box (thanks again, buddy!) I didn't get around to messing with it until last night, when I replaced the old Delay with this one. It's a LOT more versatile, and made clean and dirty settings on my Egnater Tweaker 15 sound HUGE! Lots of fun there; THEN, I plugged it into the 5E3 that had been warming up, waiting it's turn, and Whoa, MAMA! haha. The fact that I can't play my way out of a wet paper bag didn't deter me from forming a big Shit-Eating-Grin from ear to ear as I felt my 535 vibrating against me. Good clean fun.

I know some of you guys have some great boutique effects, but I for one am very pleased with the Boss DD-3. I'd like to get my buddy to make a tap tempo pedal to add to it, but that's another story. I also don't have a bad thing to say about my Boss TU-2 Tuner and my Boss Blues Driver. My Boss DS-1, on the other hand....

I had to laugh when I read the sentence in bold print.

Ive got about 20 tabs open of boss pedals. I thought I might get a Boss only board up and running.

I already have the TU3 at the start of my board and the DD7 at the end plus a BF2 and GE7 lying around.

Not sure if I will follow through with this idea but I am a click away from hitting the buy now on an old TW1. Probably wont.

That was quick, Jeff! haha. Maybe I just just lie down for a while next time GAS strikes....

I looked over at my pedal board made up of mainly cheap and awkward pedals and thought about all the stomps I had just finished selling and moving other ways and the pursuit seemed a little ridiculous....... not that Ive ever let that stand in my way before. :icon_scratch:

Brian~ I'm also a fan of the DD-3. I don't use delay enough to invest heavily in that effect, so like you, I picked up a used one last year.

Sounds amazing through the effects loop of a reverbless Heritage Victory amp!!

Archived