Heritage Owners Club

Victoria Regal II iPhone Demo

Another quality iPhone Demo:) Just kidding, but these are the first sounds to come out

of my new Victoria Regal's speaker. It's just some riffage for my immediate enjoyment,

and hopefully your's too. I love getting a new amp!!! The guitar is my Gibson ES330.

http://soundcloud.com/daniel-weldon-1/victoria-regal-ii-riffing

Nice! Dig the raw riffage, Daniel. How do you record on the iphone? Do you have the amp up pretty loud, is the phone right near the speaker, etc? Thanks for the clip, keep 'em coming, and enjoy that new amp!

Nice! Dig the raw riffage, Daniel. How do you record on the iphone? Do you have the amp up pretty loud, is the phone right near the speaker, etc? Thanks for the clip, keep 'em coming, and enjoy that new amp!

Master Schun, the amp is not loud with the 6V6's so I just turned it up until I was getting a little feedback, and moved my phone back

until the signal was not distorting my voice memo recorder. Then I hit record and just played. When done, I emailed the memo to myself,

opened it up in Soundforge on my laptop, converted it to stereo, then uploaded to Soundcloud. I promise I will make a proper demo with

good recording equipment, but I just wanted to document the first time I turned on the amp:) I like the iphone for capturing things on the

spot.

Do you have the amp up pretty loud....

"Loud" really is relative...ain't it!? That Bad Boy is breathing, no doubt! One pass through the demo, and it's all over my lap, shirt...the desk in front of me. No need to mop up! Sounded too good! Daniel, I'm convinced we hear the same world....

Love it - great reverb, great crunch. Player tain't bad, neither... :)

Thanks for that, and the Reverb and Trem are what drew me to this amp. Fortunately having a friend with

the same amp gave me time to get to know one before I searched one out.

"Loud" really is relative...ain't it!? That Bad Boy is breathing, no doubt! One pass through the demo, and it's all over my lap, shirt...the desk in front of me. No need to mop up! Sounded too good! Daniel, I'm convinced we hear the same world....

Rob, you would love this amp. And it really wasn't that loud, I just had the ES330 right in front of it so it was getting

a little hollowbody hair on it. I promise to make a proper demo soon.

That's as close to the perfect tone I hear in my head as anything I can remember. Hearing that and your beautifully dynamic playing it makes me realize a 15 is part of that recipe. Can't get that low midrange grunt in any other single speaker combo. Bring on the 15" renaissance!

That's as close to the perfect tone I hear in my head as anything I can remember. Hearing that and your beautifully dynamic playing it makes me realize a 15 is part of that recipe. Can't get that low midrange grunt in any other single speaker combo. Bring on the 15" renaissance!

Scott, I have another 1X15 amp which is an 1962 Alamo Fury and it has a Jensen C15N speaker and I love that amp. So I

already knew that a 1X15 would work for me. I wish the Alamo had reverb though:)

Master Schun, the amp is not loud with the 6V6's so I just turned it up until I was getting a little feedback, and moved my phone back

until the signal was not distorting my voice memo recorder. Then I hit record and just played. When done, I emailed the memo to myself,

opened it up in Soundforge on my laptop, converted it to stereo, then uploaded to Soundcloud. I promise I will make a proper demo with

good recording equipment, but I just wanted to document the first time I turned on the amp:) I like the iphone for capturing things on the

spot.

Thanks for the tips, Daniel. I can't believe how good your iphone demos sound. Obviously, it ain't just the phone....

Scott, I have another 1X15 amp which is an 1962 Alamo Fury and it has a Jensen C15N speaker and I love that amp. So I

already knew that a 1X15 would work for me. I wish the Alamo had reverb though:)

Here's an Alamo Fury that looks identical to mine! They were actually sold as guitar and bass amps (two inputs dedicated to guitar).
00V0V_76lHuCgpLfX_600x450.jpg

It's a great sounding amp, Daniel! Margolin's been using one for years. '53 Tele or '55 Paul, straight in, no chaser. Glorious! That demo was ear candy. 330's heavy breather!

Great tones man! The Reverend Billi G would love it. Have mercy...............

Thanks Slider. The first two ZZ amps were two of the bricks in the foundation of my lead guitar education,

along with the tones of Jimmy Page, Mick Taylor, and Mark Knopfler. I'm more of a rhythm player, that knows

how to play a little lead, than vice versa, although I am fairly adept at slide guitar, because my very

first inflluences were Duane Allman and Dicky Betts.

Because of you, I got a pair of matched NOS TungSol 5881s on the way, along with a NOS GE 5V4 rectictifier.

I'm not a fan of 6L6 amps typically, but I've heard 5881s squish a little more, so I'm going to try some.

I'll post comparison clips so people can hear the difference, but from what I've heard from my friend the amp

just typically gets louder but the tone holds to about the same. I really like this amp.

Archived