Heritage Owners Club

Best P90 Aftermarket Pup

Shed PAF Daddy's are going into the Vaschenko guitar currently being built for me. I will have Valery post some video of the guitar in action once it is finished so you can hear them.

I ordered a set of Spence's (Shed) Supernaturals for a different project. Spence is going to ship them first to Pat & Doug to include in one of their pickup shoot outs. (Yes, I am doing it for the T-Shirt;))

I have a friend with a set of Shed's Blackie's in his Strat and they are fabulous.

Spence is really great to work with. He will do exactly what you want. My PAF Daddy's are amazing. The search is over for me. He is building a Mutz Nutz P-90 for me that should be done in a week or so for my Les Paul Jr. I am building.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am hugely satisfied with the Throbak P-90's Jon wound for the Dent! It's all there: balance; bark and bite, at the bridge; tupelo honey sweetness at the neck; honks like a flock of mergansers who just heard a tasteless joke, in the middle.

I am hugely satisfied with the Throbak P-90's Jon wound for the Dent! It's all there: balance; bark and bite, at the bridge; tupelo honey sweetness at the neck; honks like a flock of mergansers who just heard a tasteless joke, in the middle.

And of course your hands have nothing to do with that, right?

And of course your hands have nothing to do with that, right?

I was going to let this one go by.... That's just in my nature, my insecurity. But one of the things Daniel, from whom I'm taking lessons...about everything, has actually worked on with me, is teaching me how to accept a compliment gracefully. He says denying that sort of thing is an unnecessary complication to one's relationship to the instrument, and actually, an expression of ego. Gio, thank you! I can imagine few better compliments to a player.

The Gibson P90 does the nasty already . I would guess the Shep will bring it as well but some of the other boutiquies don't have the nasty while they have other qualities the Nasty goes to Gibby . IME

I have no issues with the stock Gibson P90s..one of the things I like about a cheap Gibson P90 guitar, the pickups really don't need a swap. My opinion only etc etc. And I am blessed to not have been cursed with cork sniffery.

That said, I did swap the P90s in my Hamer Special. Very hot Duncans around 14k ohms. Just over the top (I like a vintage vibe). Put in a Wolfe Tone Mean and Meaner set.

I'd tell the op to play around with the heights first ..a little bit of a tweak goes a long way. Start very close to the strings. Wolfe told me to start at 1/8" and go from there.

I have no issues with the stock Gibson P90s..one of the things I like about a cheap Gibson P90 guitar, the pickups really don't need a swap. My opinion only etc etc. And I am blessed to not have been cursed with cork sniffery.

That said, I did swap the P90s in my Hamer Special. Very hot Duncans around 14k ohms. Just over the top (I like a vintage vibe). Put in a Wolfe Tone Mean and Meaner set.

I'd tell the op to play around with the heights first ..a little bit of a tweak goes a long way. Start very close to the strings. Wolfe told me to start at 1/8" and go from there.

yes....I agree...have a Gibson with stock P90's & it sounds great!!

yes....I agree...have a Gibson with stock P90's & it sounds great!!

I like Gibson P90's too, it's one of their better pickups. I kept the stockers in my LP Special/Jr and my ES330. The dogears in my ES330 are as good sounding as the stock vintage P90 in my early 60's ES125. That said, the Sheds that I put in my old Special were great. They replaced the hum cancelling P100's that were in there, and they sounded far better!!!

Archived