Heritage Owners Club

I think I'll keep it

buzzy

I've been too lazy to look & too impatient to wait 'till a VSB 25th falls in my lap.

Here's an NGD for you all: a 2009 H535 25th Anniversary

I had internal 'good enough' or 'settled for' arguments but,

this has to have the best 'feel' of any guitar I've owned since a 'V' that I've played for 30 years

There's only the one picture in the Gallery; I don't have a photobucket and the picture won't embed.

I....don't think you'll regret it....and may find that you didn't settle at all. :)

You know... I never got along much with 'burst' finishes...until I got an Eagle with one. You see, I really wanted a uniform natural finish. But... the deal was just too good on the ASB one. So.... I got it. I really dig the ASB finish now when I really thought I was settling on finish. Now my 575.... that I settled nothing on. :) So..... you just have to have a second Heritage. That's the problem I see. :D

personally I think that's about as good looking example of a H535 as any I've seen, and exactly what

I would like if I ever bought one. I like the black pickguard on that one. I would swap the bridge for a

ABR though and then in my very opinionated opinion would be perfect:)

Thanks

Can't wait to set it up with 11's and let it settle for a bit (I got it with 9's)

There isn't much for fret wear or polish swirls; it's a new guitar from '09.

Maybe I overpaid for the TRC and the certificate, but it don't think about that when I play it and I know it will be a non-issue years from now.

Thanks

Can't wait to set it up with 11's and let it settle for a bit (I got it with 9's)

There isn't much for fret wear or polish swirls; it's a new guitar from '09.

Maybe I overpaid for the TRC and the certificate, but it don't think about that when I play it and I know it will be a non-issue years from now.

well, I believe the Annie models come with an upgraded wood package so....you probably didn't overspend. ;)

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Congrats! That's a nice one.

I'm on "the hunt" for a model of 535 I saw about 15 years ago in a NY shop. It was a real nice "iced tea" burst with a bound headstock/mother of pearl "The Heritage" logo and real light in weight. From what I remember, it was either a Jay Wolfe or Ed Roman special run.

I played it, went home to think about it, went back three days later and it was gone.

• 3 weeks later...

Update:

This a great guitar and a good fit for where I am. As things go, life has gotten in the way of my playing time (and HOC time). I think it takes months for me to bond with a guitar, but even with limited playing, this relationship is coming along.

It has beauty. Direct sunlight (as in my gallery shots) isn't necessary to see the striking top & back. The Golden Amber color is as warm as the guitar's tone. The nitro appears to be nice and thin.

There's fine craftsmanship. Everything is tight and solid; I can find no flaw in build, finish or part. This guitar resonates quality.

It's comfortable. The 16" bout and 1 5/8" rim feels good at the height that I'm wearing it. And, it's lighter than most of the guitars that I've regularly played.

I love the feel. The neck is a familiar handful; slightly asymmetrical and a smidge bigger than my 150. I hadn't noticed how stiff my hands had become so, low action with 9's is a blessing right now.

Versatile. It's true what folks say about this model; my first semi and I wonder why I've waited so long. I do like when a big bodied fully hollow runs away with the amp. However, the last couple of times that I played out, there was too much to think about and I couldn't stay on top of it. With the semi, I can get some vibrating body and blow with less microphonic squeal and unbalanced sustain in my chords . . . so far. I've only played it at modest stage volume thru a 2 channel amp that I'm just learning to tweak. Bridge and neck thru clean and hi gain, fantastic. Best of all, I had a ball twiddling volume & tone in the middle position - there is a whole world of tone right there.

My apologies for being long winded. The short version: I'm pretty happy with the guitar.

Archived