Heritage Owners Club

Hotone Purple Wind Microhead.

ledzef

OK so as a father's day gift to myself I ordered this http://www.musiciansfriend.com/amplifiers-effects/hotone-effects-nano-legacy-purple-wind-guitar-amplifier-head. Watched some youtube clips and I have to say was impressed, especially for a chinese made solid state amp. It fits the budget so that is the main reason I'm buying it. I don't have a cab to hook it up too, will use the headphone input mostly. Doesn't seem too bad of a amp. Doesn't ship until the 30th so it will probably be around the 4th of July when I get it. I'll keep everyone posted.

Hot tone is how it's pronounced, but Ho tone just sounds funnier. Looking some of their other products and their heads are only $20 more than their pedals. They do have some pretty nice pedals also.

I was messing around with their looper and a delay today.

Good enough for rocknroll.

Im finding a lot off pleasure in using quite cheap gear lately. The Hotone stuff seems just as cool as anything.

• 2 weeks later...

Just went to Musicians Friend website and says it doesn't ship until 7/31, which is a month after what I was told after I purchased it. Will try to call tomorrow to find out. Was hoping to get it the week after the 4th when I'm on vacation to get some time to bond with it.

Just went to Musicians Friend website and says it doesn't ship until 7/31, which is a month after what I was told after I purchased it. Will try to call tomorrow to find out. Was hoping to get it the week after the 4th when I'm on vacation to get some time to bond with it.

I once had this with MFs. Well, actually it was GC. When I called them about it, they called some of the stores to see if they had my item. No one did, but doesn't mean they won't on your amp. Well worth the phone call, I'd say. And MF always seems to be helpful on the phone. Hope you get it before your vacation.

It's confirmed the shipping date is July 31st which means no time during my vacation. Found out it's not MF fault, Hotone pushed the release date back. The amp is on a preorder basis but at least I can have time with it during Labor Day vacation.

Archived