Heritage Owners Club

Some great videos about tone/vol controls!

Thus we put to bed the argument that there is no difference in pots if they are turned all the way up. Also that crap pots with inconsistent values WILL effect your tone even turned all the way up.

So are RS guitarworks super pots worth the money? Well, only if you are interested in getting the max tone out of your guitar.

Thanks Daniel!!!!

Thus we put to bed the argument that there is no difference in pots if they are turned all the way up. Also that crap pots with inconsistent values WILL effect your tone even turned all the way up.

So are RS guitarworks super pots worth the money? Well, only if you are interested in getting the max tone out of your guitar.

Thanks Daniel!!!!

Well at least you didn't say "I told you so"

Even if they didn't sound better, I would buy them because I like the feel of the superpot. Fortunately the ones

I've installed sound great.

• 2 weeks later...

For H150 LP style guitars I prefer the 50's schematic. It makes the tone controls more desirable. It sounds more musical to my ears.

RS pots are nice. Being matched as they are optimizes their performance. On archtops with a floating humbucker I'll sometimes use a 250k tone pot. What ever ends up sounding the best is what I'll go with.

The best sounding L.P. style guitar I've made utilized .033 bumblebee caps and 50's wiring. You could actually play the bridge pickup with the tone rolled all the way off and get a useable tone, that oddly enough, sounded much like the neck pickup not rolled off. No underwater mud.

The best sounding L.P. style guitar I've made utilized .033 bumblebee caps and 50's wiring. You could actually play the bridge pickup with the tone rolled all the way off and get a useable tone, that oddly enough, sounded much like the neck pickup not rolled off. No underwater mud.

Yep, I always solder alligator clips onto the pots of new guitars and try a bunch of caps that I have until I find that sweet rolloff. I hate soldering and resoldering!

Archived