Heritage Owners Club

Fender Princeton Reverb Reissue . . . gig with for the first time

Heritage525

Princetons are some of the best gigging amps on the planet.

Ditto!

You can actually play them in their sweet spot at small clubs. I was using a 64 Deluxe reverb that I couldn't turn up past 4 for certain gigs. It's nice to feel, and hear an amp being pushed without the aid of overdrive.

Ditto!

You can actually play them in their sweet spot at small clubs. I was using a 64 Deluxe reverb that I couldn't turn up past 4 for certain gigs. It's nice to feel, and hear an amp being pushed without the aid of overdrive.

I retired my 64 Deluxe Reverb for the same reason. I love that amp but it doesn't sound right till it's on number 7 on the volume dial. Anything less and it's anemic. I use my Victoria Regal II with one 6V6 in it for smaller gigs now!

I retired my 64 Deluxe Reverb for the same reason. I love that amp but it doesn't sound right till it's on number 7 on the volume dial. Anything less and it's anemic.

I'll take that '64 Deluxe today and gladly pay you Tuesday.

Have you tried a 12ay7 in V2?

Have you tried a 12ay7 in V2?

That little trick worked in my '70's Silverface DR. Now its smoooth, baby.

Does this mean lower or higher clean headroom?

I have two big Church gigs on Sunday (probably around 400 people). The sound guy has started mic'ing our amps. I choose my amps to fit my tonal responses from the venue and the guitar I am using. We are playing some heavier stuff so I need my mids to thicken the tone without sounding to over the top gainy. I am going to use my Headstrong Lil' King ('65 Princeton) through a closed back 1x12 with a Greenback with my Yoder 150. It sounds HUGE!!!

Yes, a bit more clean headroom.

Yes. It also allows you to turn the amp up to its sweet spot, where the amp sounds "full", without ear bleeding volume.

Did this trick darken the amp at all?

It does darken the tone a bit. That can be adjusted with a turn of the bass or treble knob.

Archived