Heritage Owners Club

NPBD - Effect order?

gpuma

New Pedal Board Day!

e5d67657-1afa-408a-95ec-da5aa91fbf97_zps

Not cabled yet.

Is it better:

Guitar ---> Tuner ---> Wah ---> Trem ---> Compressor ---> Delay (I might send this directly in the fx loop) ---> Looper

or

Guitar ---> Tuner ---> Wah ---> Compressor ---> Trem ---> Delay (I might send this directly in the fx loop) ---> Looper

I agree the 2nd option is best. Oh, and do you use the looper live? I've thought about using one for when I solo, so I have a rhythm track.

At the moment I am not going to use the looper live, but I think I want to try it.

I like Channel switching. I own zero od/dist/fuzz pedal. If you own a Mark V, really why would you need such pedals?

good point! That's the point in buying a multi-channel amp, set one for clean, one for crunch, and one for hi gain.

the smaller the number of pedals the better IMHO.

It's funny how we are obsessed over details. I mean the same people that would swear that a PCB in an amp is detrimental for the tone might use a pedal board with 20 pedals on it.

But I digress. Reality is that I suck at playing guitar, I do not record and for the gigs I play, my set up is already a huge overkill with my Mesa 5:25, let alone the Mark V.

1) It's funny how we are obsessed over details. I mean the same people that would swear that a PCB in an amp is detrimental for the tone might use a pedal board with 20 pedals on it.

But I digress. Reality is that I suck at playing guitar, I do not record and for the gigs I play, 2) my set up is already a huge overkill with my Mesa 5:25, let alone the Mark V.

1) Yes it is funny. I agree. I love the swirly ambient octave fuzz guys who are all about preserving their amps natural tone. Good on them.

2) This is where I dont agree. I dont think the MkV is an overkill. Seems to be about right :)

It's funny how we are obsessed over details. I mean the same people that would swear that a PCB in an amp is detrimental for the tone might use a pedal board with 20 pedals on it.

But I digress. Reality is that I suck at playing guitar, I do not record and for the gigs I play, my set up is already a huge overkill with my Mesa 5:25, let alone the Mark V.

you do not suck

you're rig is definitely overkill

:)

1) Yes it is funny. I agree. I love the swirly ambient octave fuzz guys who are all about preserving their amps natural tone. Good on them.

2) This is where I dont agree. I dont think the MkV is an overkill. Seems to be about right :)

you do not suck

you're rig is definitely overkill

:)

Hmmm.

:icon_shaking2::icon_shaking:

I am not sure at all that the numbers follow the sequence. In fact I am pretty sure they don't. If you look closely except for the dejavibe early in the chain he has a config similar to what I would expect.

Have you ever tried running you board in reverse (except for the loop of course)?

Kip, you've got a strange set up here. how did you come up with this sequence? Normally you would have guitar-wha-fuzz-modulation...

Agreed.

Most people would (I suspect) prefer the sound of echoed distortion or echoed tremolo to distorted echo or distorted tremolo. Think of it this way - if you were playing with an overdriven amp in a large echoey room, the sound you get would be echoed distortion, so perhaps that's what sounds more "natural"... I know that I prefer the sound of distorted wah to wah'd distortion. But if you prefer your set up, that's fine too.

Archived