Heritage Owners Club

Got to do an amp demo....

yoslate

I was asked by my friend and amp building swami, Dale Laslie, at MegaTone amps, if I'd do a demo for him of his new guitar amp build. Dale specializes in vintage repairs, harp amps and vintage PA guitar and harp amp re-builds. Flattered to be asked, I said I'd love to. I'd done one for him a couple of years ago...just a video camera on the amp, while I wandered around the fretboard. Dale's shop is next to a studio, Earthtones, owned by a mutual friend, Benjy Johnson. Benjy owed Dale a favor, so Dale called it in. Benjy did a brief bass and drum rhythm track, which we both played over. I played my Nash Strat, the ThroBak P-90 Dent (copy on the screen is incorrect), and the Throbak SLE 101 humbucker Nash Les Paul. Benjy did one track with his Zion Tele. The idea is to let the amp shine, to play somewhat interestingly, but minimally, as it's all about the amp. Easier said than done. Benjy was a pro, a pleasure to work with, and we did this, start to finish, just a couple of passes for each track, in under an hour. I had a blast. Hope you enjoy....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bf_OuDPj7SQ

I was asked by my friend and amp building swami, Dale Laslie, at MegaTone amps, if I'd do a demo for him of his new guitar amp build. Dale specializes in vintage repairs, harp amps and vintage PA guitar and harp amp re-builds. Flattered to be asked, I said I'd love to. I'd done one for him a couple of years ago...just a video camera on the amp, while I wandered around the fretboard. Dale's shop is next to a studio, Earthtones, owned by a mutual friend, Benjy Johnson. Benjy owed Dale a favor, so Dale called it in. Benjy did a brief bass and drum rhythm track, which we both played over. I played my Nash Strat, the ThroBak P-90 Dent (copy on the screen is incorrect), and the Throbak SLE 101 humbucker Nash Les Paul. Benjy did one track with his Zion Tele. The idea is to let the amp shine, to play somewhat interestingly, but minimally, as it's all about the amp. Easier said than done. Benjy was a pro, a pleasure to work with, and we did this, start to finish, just a couple of passes for each track, in under an hour. I had a blast. Hope you enjoy....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bf_OuDPj7SQ

Yup, that's pretty much bad@$$

I LOVED IT!

p.s. - The amp sounded awesome, too! ;)

Rob, that was so soulful I could almost smell unclean chittlins at about 3:20 into the track. And that's a good thing! :icon_salut:

Been there, done that, Tim.... I'll take that as a compliment. Thanks for the listen and the kind words, guys! Dale builds marvelous amps, and my pal Ken Jones does gorgeous cabinets! Their shops are great hangs, and if any of you guys wander down this way, I'll make sure you get the guided tours....

Archived