Heritage Owners Club

Diagnostic help needed: Fender "Hot Rod" Deluxe

Redsand

I've got a bit of a head scratcher here with my amp that I could some assistance with before dumping it off to the amp man.

The amp recently cut out completely during a rehearsal and is now only functional in a limited capacity if I bypass the preamp section and plug in thru the "power amp in" input......by limited I mean I get a fairly loud signal coming thru but only have the ability to control the presence and the reverb. No volume/EQ control.

I originally suspected one of the (3) pre-amp tubes might need to be replaced but have since verified that all (3) 12AX7-R tubes are functioning perfectly.

Any tips or irresponsible speculation would be appreciated.

IMAG1979_zps4338a6f0.jpg

IMAG1980_zps352a67d1.jpg

IMAG1981_zps50773787.jpg

ec1f2d39-1918-4a67-a232-9b92b9eae5b7_zps

Hey Matt, Um I mean Redsand. I don't know if this will help, but I had a very similar problem with my Fender Hot Rod Deluxe. It turned out to be the input jacks were shorting out. If you plug in a guitar and wiggle the end of the cord that is plugged into the amp it might start working. I did end up taking it to my amp guy who fix it for $65.

Hey Matt, Um I mean Redsand. I don't know if this will help, but I had a very similar problem with my Fender Hot Rod Deluxe. It turned out to be the input jacks were shorting out. If you plug in a guitar and wiggle the end of the cord that is plugged into the amp it might start working. I did end up taking it to my amp guy who fix it for $65.

Balls. Your the second guy to tell me that.

Archived