Heritage Owners Club

Questions Regarding Mesa Mark 5:25 Mini Amp

Hey DB: Our rehearsal was cancelled due to the weather. We're going to test the amp in the Band Shell tonight at the performance. I think it will do great.

Thanks for asking. The Traynor I have is a YVC20. It uses EL84 Tubes and has two channels. The overdrive channel is less than convincing and I have always added a pedal to the signal chain. Tonight with the Mesa, no overdrive pedal at all. Just channel 2 in Mark 5 mode. It really sounds good.

Take care.

Stringman

Gitfiddler: Actually, no, I'll be slinging a Gibson CS-336. Seems like the Funk Brothers always featured a Tele/Strat (Joe played a three pickup tele) and a humbucker guitar or two. There were actually 3 guitarists with the FB and each played a different guitar. We have only two guitarists and the other gent plays a very bright Strat. So, I let him chime and I play more mellow. When we performed the show in Feb., the two guitar approach worked well, but that was inside. I may wish I had a Tele by the end of the night. Thanks for jumping in.

Take care. The Mesa is loaded in the truck for the trip to the band shell. Pics will follow.

Stringman

Archived