Heritage Owners Club

P90's vs Humbuckers

That was a blast. JB wanking away at two amazing vintage LP's in a hotel room...hoping to not get kicked out!

He sounds fantastic, as usual.

What I like most is his whole attitude about these old, valuable instruments. Paraphrased: "Just play and enjoy them. We are custodians, taking care of them and passing them down to future generations..."

In a more perfect world, it would not be P-90's vs humbuckers, it'll be P-90's and humbuckers! Still not entirely sold on all of Joe's playing, but, you've got it, Tim, he just plays the fekkin' thing...in the real world, where it matters! Props!

I'm not a huge JB fan, I do respect his talent and dedication to the craft..

That being said, I appreciate his lack of reverence and geekery when talking about gear. Just play the thing............we should all be so content.

I agree with this statement, and I will put your idea into use tonight...

Nice%20Pair.jpg

Somebody's playing some slide tonight!

As for the comparison, the P90's win.

Honestly, with the low tech phone-camera recording overloading it was hard to hear a "real" difference. But with my GT150 with Wolfetone P90s vs my GT150 with Throback SLE-101 Humbuckers ..... the two sound completely night & day different.

Great idea, I just wish it was recorded better because for those that will say "they sound similar" ..... they really don't (or they really shouldn't).

would love a guitar with a humbucker on the bridge and P90 at the neck.

different tools for the job, neither better than the other.

Archived