Heritage Owners Club

Custom Supro Style Amp Almost Done

My new Dirty Girl amp, which is based on a Supro 1624T (with added reverb circuit) is almost done, just needs burn-in, JD Newell Lacquered Tweed Cab, Reconed Vintage Rola 3.2ohm speaker, NOS Tubes, PTP wiring. Because of the way the tube sockets are wired it can use 6CZ5 or 6973 tubes, and he's shipping the amp with both so I can compare. Can't wait to crank out the Zep licks on this one. And this is the last new amp, or new guitar thread, I will be posting as I have bet with a close friend which goes, whoever buys anything new guitar related (over $200), has to pay the other guy $500. I put the deposit down on this amp before the bet so I got the order in just in the nick of time:) He should be shipping this to me in a few days. I can't wait to plug my Zemaitis, Silvertone, Supro, or SG into this rig, and wring some slide guitar madness out of it.

Dirty%20Girl%20Amp.jpg

Dirty%20Girl%20Amp%20Back.jpg

Dirty%20Girl%20Amp%20Top.jpg

Dirty%20Girl%20Amp%20Side.jpg

Hope that sounds a good as it looks Dan, very cool. And on the bet thing, I'm strongly considering your side bet offer!! :)

You can get in on it too Doug:) Or you can bet against me so I have to double down:)

Beautiful.

I'll bet that some great sounds come out of that one. I too, love these kind of amps

Ha... and you got the deposit in on it , just in time. Exempt from the GAS penalties.

Well FZ I knew YOU would take notice of this thread:) I will be spanking some LIVING LOVING MAID licks through this in no time. And yes, right under the GAS PENALTY line!!!

I like that it has reverb. That's been a real problem for me (searching for an amp for the last two years, and close to giving up.) I hope we get to hear it.

Well I LOVE reverb, and that is why I favor my Victoria, that amp really has the best reverb and tremolo of all my amps, yes better than my '64 Deluxe Reverb.

Wow, what a beauty. I really like the leather stripe against the tweed. Have fun breaking it in!

That looks great, and I assume a tweed amp, bf sound. How many watts? And I'll look forward to your post of sound clips! :D

That looks great, and I assume a tweed amp, bf sound. How many watts? And I'll look forward to your post of sound clips! :D

Thanks Katy, but no this is not at all like a tweed or a black face sound, it's the Supro sound. Think Led Zeppelin I, that is the sound of a Supro 1624T, which this amp is based on. They sound great with Les Pauls and Teles. I just had it made with a tweed lacquered cabinet because I like the way they look!

Looks awesome!

Looks great. GAS worthy in fact.

that looks wicked good

I hope it sounds good, the builder dropped me a line today to say that he tracing down a slight hum at idle, and he thinks he needs a new switch for it, which he should have by tomorrow. Hopefully he'll get it ironed out soon and I will get to punish the speaker a bit.

Be ready for it to sound great right off the bat, but I think it will get quite a bit better after the first hundred playing hours…Never had a brand new amp that the tone didn't shift a bit warmer after burning in playing time to season the circuit parts and output iron. Was especially noticeable in my Dumble clones. Hope you're not planning on using any Chinese or Russian tubes in that preamp, sir. If they are 12__7 types I have tons of vintage US, Euro, and Japan ones to roll the perfect hot tone samich...

Archived